Been a while, little update on the car

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
So my 2001 MG Cobra has been down for a year and half. Basically went through the whole car. Here's whats been done: (I'm leaving all previous mods, susp, brakes, bracing etc.)

284 ci teksid block, dss girdle, h-beams, diamond pistons 9:1, Clevite, arp everything, billet oil pump, mmr 9 qt pan

05+ heads, P&P, comp stage 3 cams, comp springs, comp titanium retainers, ferrea valves, arp 2000 studs, cloyes adj timing set

sullivan lower, hpp upper, wilson spacer, sullivan rails, accufab tb, 80lb injs (flipped intake for drivers side feed)

F1 procharger, 3.8 pulley, gijoe 8 rib set up, IW 10%od crank pulley, anderson pp, procharger big sheetmetal FMIC, big red BOV, thump rrr tensioner

Kooks 1 7/8- 1 3/4 stainless stepped headers, kooks stainless x-pipe (heat wrapped) polished M55 ford racing catback

fully built viper spec t56, fidanza aluminum flywheel, mcCleod rtx twin disc, ds loop, 3.55 gears, dss pro level axles, FTB full kit (everything they sell) pauls hp launch brace, lpr diff cover

glenns sumped tank, -12 feed, -8 return, weldon db2025a pump, weldon filter, weldon fpr. All stainless lines and Redhorse fittings -12 from tank to filter/pump, -10 from pump to y-block/filter, -8 from y to rails, -8 rails to fpr, -8 return, weldon pump controller.

MISC.
aem meth kit, rear mounted battery, through tail light cut off switch/rod, moroso wheels studs, autometer phantom gauges (fuel pressure, boost, wide band, oil pressure, water temp), SOS gauge pillar pod, paint matched autometer 2 gauge bezel, mm paint matched roll bar, -12an pvc/catch can install, ford racing blue valve covers, ford racing cop covers, moroso ps res, grc reverse lockout solenoid etc.

I have spent the last few weeks soldering and heat shrinking (using adhesive lined marine heat shrink tubing) wires for every damn thing. After soldering and heat shrinking, I am using plastic spiral wire loom, then waterproof friction tape, then electrical tape. It's amazing how time consuming it is.

Last weekend was spent spacing the blower bracket, I am adding an idler pulley to the drivers side of the cover (between the alt and ps pump) this is for that long section the belt that likes to get crazy in between high rpm shifts. I'll post pics and write up when I'm done.

FAST XFI and XIM with ls truck coils may be next, I need to decide before I get to far along with the wiring.

About the only thing the car does not have is a tubular k, a-arms and coil overs. I had to leave something for the next project:beer:

and some pics

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Users who are viewing this thread