Been a member a while, thought I'd post some pics

Scottyk

Established Member
Heres a few pics of my cars, 90 notchback with a stroked 351w nitrous engine, PG, narrowed 8.8. Entire car including engine was built in my garage.
Outlaw102009_09_29_13_03_56_1__0001.jpg

pretty old engine pic
PC280223.jpg

P_00032.jpg

engine1.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

The IMCA Sportmod, something to keep me busy when Im not drag racing. Asphalt car
P7240338.jpg

P7240335.jpg

DSCN1194.jpg

bit the bumper, literally.
P7240340.jpg

and heres the dirt car. "some serious fun in this car"
P7210324.jpg

P8240309.jpg

and of course the reason Im here, 03 Cobra
008-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

003-3.jpg

96juicedGT

Established Member
nice!!! I am sure you have a lot of fun in the dirt track car, I love watching em...

Very nice cobra!!!!

shftn6

mystichrome vert.
Established Member
nice rides! i want to get in to dirt racing in a few years. i am hoping i can do it low budget without a sponsor.

Scottyk

Established Member
Thanks guys I appreciate it, those IMCA Sportmods arent too bad to get into. Got the white car basically turn-key for 7k, just took some body panels. The black one was ALOT cheaper and I put a brand new sealed crate engine in it "cant claim those" and I have about the same wrapped up into it. I been doing it for 2 years and didnt have a sponsor the 1st year, it definetly helps having another crew member around too.

Scottyk

Established Member
tristateMay5th058-1.jpg

tristateMay5th053-1.jpg

new wheels!!
2009-12-15211600.jpg

some exhaust pics
2009-12-15204623.jpg

2009-12-15211808.jpg

Its a little messing in the garage, had alot of work going on in summer.. Looks much better now, including the underside of the car.
Heres a heads up race video held at Cedar Falls, sorta long vid but not too bad.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY0jtKpdIk4"]YouTube- HWrace1 published[/ame]
ninesecsnake "spelling??" car is at the end of the vid racing me, twin turbo 93 cobra with a 5.4 navi motor/PG in it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxqS_fT88_o"]YouTube- HWrace2 published[/ame]

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Nice collection, shows a good variety. I really like the wheels on that Fox.

Scottyk

Established Member
You are a handsome man.

:shrug: :xpl:

Thanks everyone, the dirt racing is a freaking blast.. Its refreshing to go out and actually beat the living crap out of yourself and your car everyonce in a while. If you havent slid into a corner sideways at speed with a person on each side of you with open headers and mud flying into your face then you need to!! It gets frustrating spending alot of money on drag cars and street cars sometimes..

mystical

Established Member
Sweet toys you've got! What wheels are those on the Cobra? Why do you have what appear to be 3 shiftlights on the dash of the coupe?

Scottyk

Established Member
Sweet toys you've got! What wheels are those on the Cobra? Why do you have what appear to be 3 shiftlights on the dash of the coupe?

The 2 red ones are warning lights, its got a electric fan and water pump and I dont like automatic thermostat switches so they're hard-wired straight to switches with relays. After overheating it the 2nd time I drove it and cost me a rebuild "from not watching the gauges" I decided warning lights are a good idea. One is temp "230 degrees i think" the other is low oil pressure, then the shift light.

Nice coupe, what kind of numbers does is make? If you do not mind sharing.

The only time I had it dyno'd was back with a hydraulic roller cam, ran 10.4 on motor and 9.5 on small spray and made 374hp to the wheels. and on a engine dyno it made 574. Seems low to me but I do all the tuning on the track and it runs well there so Im not too concerned with it. Last few times out was a 1/8th mile heads up 10.5 tire class and it ran a 5.45 @ 131 with a 1.24 60' and the car has NEVER lifted the wheels off the ground "yet" got a few things in store for it this winter though :rockon:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I wanna know how the hell you afford to drag race, race ashpalt, and dirt all at the same time. Im jealous:bowdown:

Scottyk

Established Member
Thanks man, sponsors help alot with the circle track stuff. Unlike drag racing circle track stuff pays just to show up and race even if you get last, my track pays enough for last to cover fuel and almost a tire every week. I only race the asphalt car every week and the dirt car I own but my brother races that so I keep the winnings and I drive it in special events a couple times a year. Except for the initial cost it will pay for itself if you keep it off the wall which I have been lucky so far.. I have been building my own engines and doing my own fab work and that saves 10's of thousands of dollars compared to just paying someone.. I dont make a shit ton of money just middle class and living in Iowa is pretty cheap. I just draw pictures on a computer all day basically, BORING

Users who are viewing this thread