Beat srt4 on the Freeway!

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Well i live in san antonio and i was cruzing down i10 and this black srt4 paced me and passed me in the fast lane, well i have a stock gt i heard they can run with me or even a little better so i decided that i had to try it, so i get up next to him and we are goin about 75 and he hits it(there were two in the car), i immediately hit 3rd and pulled next to him and then put his front bumber by my side door but then i wasnt pulling hardly at all anymore(guess he spooled), i was in 4th till about 120 and he stayed at my rear bumper. He had another guy with him and i didnt even get but a car length on him, he did have pretty descent soudning exhaust, wasnt ricey at all. Id say they run pretty strong, man do i wish i could mod right now, i never thought a factory neon would ever be beside me on the freeway:nonono: damn boost wish i had some :mj:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
i never thought a factory neon would ever be beside me on the freeway

Me neither. I guess those things are pretty quick if they can keep up with a GT. I wonder if he had any mods though? The reason I ask is I have a video of a GT pretty much walking an SRT-4.

Gotta hand it to Dodge, but too bad they didn't put any mufflers on the damned thing.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Ahh shit 03silversnake i got the message, shit i had been sleepin all day and left for a few hours oh well. Let me know when ur stoppin by again, do u live on campus or what?

Sephiroth

Established Member
Originally posted by Booyah
Nice kill on the driver.:rockon:

Good kill on the car!
Hehe, anyway. Booyah, not to start a flame war an all :p
But, I know a guy who dyno'd his 03SRT-4 at 215hp 254tq.
So, I know 5spd GT's dyno just a little(seen some around little over 230hp)over that. So, It is possible, given his GT is stock and maybe he pulled a stock 03 :shrug:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Re: Re: Beat srt4 on the Freeway!

Originally posted by NyteByte
Me neither. I guess those things are pretty quick if they can keep up with a GT. I wonder if he had any mods though? The reason I ask is I have a video of a GT pretty much walking an SRT-4.

Gotta hand it to Dodge, but too bad they didn't put any mufflers on the damned thing.

A few months ago, when the SRT's where still pretty new, I ran into one at a stoplight. Off the line, I quickly jumped ahead by about a car thanks to torque, and then when his turbo spooled, he held dead even with me until about 80 where I let off. This was before my headers, so I'm sure the outcome would be a little different now. ;-) They are very fast for what they are and what they cost!:eek:

Last edited:

Freeway Flasher

Established Member
i know i raced a GT during the summer, and it was pretty much a dead heat all the way....He pulled like a door length on me and from there to about 120 it was totally dead even not an inch pulled by either of us....I was slightly modded (intake and boost controller) as was he (gears and cat-back)......Glad to see people are starting to warm up to these cars finally.....

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Sephiroth
Good kill on the car!
Hehe, anyway. Booyah, not to start a flame war an all :p
But, I know a guy who dyno'd his 03SRT-4 at 215hp 254tq.
So, I know 5spd GT's dyno just a little(seen some around little over 230hp)over that. So, It is possible, given his GT is stock and maybe he pulled a stock 03 :shrug:

I'm just going off my experience with stock '99+ GT's. I've said it and I'll say it again, off the line the GT has the advantage until the top of second gear then the SRT-4 will start walking by. Yes, I'm a very good driver but I switched cars with one of my good friends('03 GT) and he walked me from a roll using my own car. It comes down to the torque curve on the SRT-4 being better than the GT plain and simple.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Originally posted by Freeway Flasher
i know i raced a GT during the summer, and it was pretty much a dead heat all the way....He pulled like a door length on me and from there to about 120 it was totally dead even not an inch pulled by either of us....I was slightly modded (intake and boost controller) as was he (gears and cat-back)

Wow, that's pretty damned good times you have in your sig for $300 worth of mods. Those SRT-4's are impressive, especially if you factor in their cost!

Freeway Flasher

Established Member
I love that you guys actually have respect for our cars alot more than anywhere else on the web i have seen....It is kinda like the SRT-4 and 03+ Cobra are in the same boat....Everyone hates them cuz they kick ass, and cost a whole hell of a lot less.....Plus they are both extremely easy to modify.....By the way i absolutely love the sound of the 03+ cobra it is so bad ass.....

Users who are viewing this thread