Beat a Z06 w/ my pullied lightning

0TriZzlePhatRid

I beat a C5 style z06 the other night. I dont know what year it was but I would say by about 1/2 car length from 50-100mph.

jdlightning33

Established Member
? yo i got a lightning to that made the same exact #s wit a 4#....and i dont think i coulda pullerd a c5 zo6 from 50-100...u must have an awesome running truck....

Point is that I think the c5 z06 vettes have a higher trap speed stock than what any pullied lightning has gone. So from a 50mph roll it probably would've destroyed you with your 400hp.

And your truck at 400hp won't be much fo a match for a stock c5 z06. Guy probably wasn't racing and was just ****ing with you. Especially since you said you beat him from a 50mph roll.

Last edited:

supermech21

Established Member
Yeah, I have to agree. Your super heavy and not that powerful. Z06 is light and near the same power....

I just dont see it from a roll.

Here's a new concept, maybe the guy couldn't drive. Makes a big difference.

Then why post up such a stupid race? You know the Z06 would crush his lightning....and as long as the Z06 driver knows how to go thru the gears in order and isn't completely skipping gears it wouldn't matter if he missed a gear os something he'd still pull that lightning from a 50-100 roll.....it's not liek this was from a stop.

lol Even if the Z06 shifted from 1st to 3rd in that race it would probably still be a close race haha

Last edited:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
yea..he was in a high gear and just hit it..

I think maybe the Z06 was actually going backwards down the highway, in reverse and his reverse topped out, and that's why the lightning started pulling.

J/K, but atleast my story makes more sense than a pully lightning pulling on a Z06 from a highway roll lol.

chadmod

My z06 > your cobra
Established Member
im gonna agree, i dont even think a pullied lightning would beat an FRC. My civic hangs with/beats Pullied lightnings, and a stock c5 would kill me (i assume) :(

Sonic Blue L

Established Member
I think maybe the Z06 was actually going backwards down the highway, in reverse and his reverse topped out, and that's why the lightning started pulling.

So what your saying is that when comparing a z06 to a lightning is like comparing your 94 cobra when stock to a stock lightning, right?

There is also the possiblity that the zo6 was owned by someone who did not know what a lightning was and just left it in hi gear, but if it was a vet and he pulled on it in a truck then :beer:, if the guy was really racing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread