Beat a twin turbo 300zx

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
His driver mod must have been lacking. Either way, I had a friend that had a N/A 300zx. He never wanted to race. haha

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
350 HP and a roll cage?...LOL that's funny.

Good kill, but yeah give him some seat time and go at it again.

DVan8504

Established Member
I'd be curious to know what kind of power he's making, but considering the outcome of the race, he doesn't need that roll cage lol. Good kill.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Curious of his mods as I had a 1990 300ZXTT, full bolt on's 18psi and went 12.70's @ 114mph stock turbos, pump gas.

It's a heavy car, cost a s**t load to maintain and not many people like to work on them.

evo connevo

Established Member
Their gears are long and the car might be acting funky, based on its age. They do move pretty well once rolling though. I'd give him more seat time..especially to brake boost.

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Never raced against one myself but have seen some run. The only ones that really seemed quick were the upgraded turbo cars coming out of Z1 motorsports down here. I saw a couple of bolt on 300's that couldnt even inch on bolt on 2valves. Id like to race a modded one in my SS to see how it would go. Gook kill.

svtvtx

Established Member
I have a 95 300zx twin turbo with just a few basic upgrades. Full exhaust, air filter, JWT computer, large side mount intercoolers and an electronic boost controller. I am only running 14 pounds but a 2v will have a hard time keeping up with my car. I really think that my z would be really close to my 96 cobra that was forged and had an aftercooled s trim running 10 pounds. They are very fast and only need basic mods to beat most street cars.

The gearing is not that tall either. The TT's have 3.73 and na's have 4.10. The TT will go about 40 in first. If anything they need taller gearing. With street tires, my z doesn't get any traction in first or second.

The comment about brake boosting is a little nutts for stock turbos. The Z has little tiny tb22's that spool around 2500 rpm. I have never felt any lag when doing roll ons. Anytime I am at freeway speeds the turbos are ready to go. You just step on the throttle and you have instant boost.

Another thing with z cars is that the majority of them are pretty old and have not been maintained. I know a guy with a TT z that has been running on 5 cylinders for 2 years. He couldn't beat a v6 mustang let alone a 2v.

They also are not that heavy they are similar to sn95's at around 3500 pounds.

2lb2wlk.jpg

StangJason

Established Member
A stock 300z was about a 13.8-14.2 1/4 mile car if I remember correctly. From the way you beat your friend I'm guessing he probably bought one with a roll cage that was modified at one time and put back to stock or close to stock or it could have problems.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Nice kill man. My friend has a fairly stock TT 300zx he wanted to race me but after riding in my Cobra he won't.

svtvtx

Established Member
Here is a video that has my twin turbo racing my friends mach 1. It also has a video of me racing another friends trans am. At that time my car was only running 12 pounds and had stock intercoolers.

At the end there is a race between my recently sold cobra and a "race" civic. What a waste that was, I killed my rear end smoking that punk, but I wanted to get rid of the 4.10's for 3.73's anyway.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEf7xQbnQf4&feature=channel]YouTube - Igotyofire's incomplete video[/ame]

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Here is a video that has my twin turbo racing my friends mach 1. It also has a video of me racing another friends trans am. At that time my car was only running 12 pounds and had stock intercoolers.

At the end there is a race between my recently sold cobra and a "race" civic. What a waste that was, I killed my rear end smoking that punk, but I wanted to get rid of the 4.10's for 3.73's anyway.

YouTube - Igotyofire's incomplete video

Cool vid man. What in the hell did that Blazer at the end have in it? It looked pretty damn quick:rockon:

Also was the Mach 1 stock? And was the TA an LT1 car or LS1? Hard to tell cuz it was so dark. Nice Z you have there. Which car do you prefer, that or your old Cobra?

DSS

Established Member
well his a new driver on the Z, even from a roll driving still very important,

his not making 350whp,

a well driven bone stock 300zx will take a car with your power level from a roll, specially after 100mph

but if he did drive good, theres got to be something wrong to with his car, or maybe your car just have magic :beer:

but anyways good kill

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I have a 95 300zx twin turbo with just a few basic upgrades. Full exhaust, air filter, JWT computer, large side mount intercoolers and an electronic boost controller. I am only running 14 pounds but a 2v will have a hard time keeping up with my car. I really think that my z would be really close to my 96 cobra that was forged and had an aftercooled s trim running 10 pounds. They are very fast and only need basic mods to beat most street cars.

The gearing is not that tall either. The TT's have 3.73 and na's have 4.10. The TT will go about 40 in first. If anything they need taller gearing. With street tires, my z doesn't get any traction in first or second.

The comment about brake boosting is a little nutts for stock turbos. The Z has little tiny tb22's that spool around 2500 rpm. I have never felt any lag when doing roll ons. Anytime I am at freeway speeds the turbos are ready to go. You just step on the throttle and you have instant boost.

Another thing with z cars is that the majority of them are pretty old and have not been maintained. I know a guy with a TT z that has been running on 5 cylinders for 2 years. He couldn't beat a v6 mustang let alone a 2v.

They also are not that heavy they are similar to sn95's at around 3500 pounds.

2lb2wlk.jpg

I would like to have that.

Users who are viewing this thread