Beat a SN95 5.0 tonight...

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
The only reason I'm even posting this is because my clutch is slipping really really bad but I couldn't take this guy and his obnoxious sounding exhaust and his girlfriends foul mouth. Ya, it was a lazer red 94-95 with some sort of exhaust (not flowmaster nor borla...i know those twosounds from my old mustang).

Anyways, we ran from a 30mph roll, he got the jump. My clutch only slipped on the 1-2 shift and finally caught after revving up to 7000rpms. By the top of 2nd (70-80mph) I had about 4-5 cars on him and I shut her down. He kept going :rolleyes: I guess them 5.0s have insane top end and he was just gettin started :rolleyes:

I stopped and talked to an 03 cobra owner at Mickie D's though near my house. really nice guy. both enjoyed checkin out each others cars and took a few snap shots.

OH AND THE BEST: Yesterday on my way home from surfing, I saw a RED ENZO FERRARI!!! I got a few pics of that too but all i had was a disposable camera, so I'll either buy the CD when i develop them or I'll scan em somehow

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Originally posted by Dino S.
stock 5.0's are slow. Congratulations.
Coming from the guy with a beastly 14.1@96 under his belt. When i had 3.73s, Catback, and CAI i went 14.28 @ 97.70 wow ur cobra is such a beast.

SWYZ721

Established Member
My friend ran a 13.9 in his 94 and he only had

Intake, MAF, TB, Short throw

Evrything else was bone stock.

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Laser Red 96 Cobra
3.73's, pro-flo's, O/R H, tri-ax, C&R radiator, Eibachs, 03 cobra's w/ 275/40/17 at all four corners

I call BS on that...I don't remember too much from my old mustang, but I don't think you can fit 275/40/17s up front WITH Eibachs.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Unfortunately, the 94-95 5.0 cobra's are the slowest of any of the cobra's produced. The weight disadvantage and horrible J4J1 computers ford put in these cars is sad. It took me alot of money to get mine to be even half as fast as my 93 coupe. I do get alot more compliments on the 94 and win more car shows with it though than the coupe and Lightning.

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by venomous
Unfortunately, the 94-95 5.0 cobra's are the slowest of any of the cobra's produced. The weight disadvantage and horrible J4J1 computers ford put in these cars is sad. It took me alot of money to get mine to be even half as fast as my 93 coupe. I do get alot more compliments on the 94 and win more car shows with it though than the coupe and Lightning.

Oh trust me, I know they're much slower. I wouldn't even think twice about braggin about this win unless it was supercharged/turbocharged/nitrous'd at least...but since my clutch is so horrible, i just thought it something of an accomplishment to beat him :)

You have pics of the 94?? I used to have a show mustang and woud like to see what yours looks like! :) I have pics of mine if you'd like to see them.

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by SlammedSVT
NSX are bad. Have you ever ran her at the track?

Ya, I've run her bone stock, with weight reduction, and then with I/E/Flywheel.

My first time, I ran a 13.5 bone stock, a 13.3 with just some weight reduction (13.1 at a track about 5 hours north when I was visiting some friends...40 degree weather...my car loved it! 0% humidity!!!) and a 13.0 with I/E. I'm waiting for my new clutch (stage 1) and ultralight flywheel to come in. My clutch has been slippin a little since I got the car so I think I could put down some high 12s with a good clutch.

It's not that fast in the 1/4 mile...its really fast from about 60mph on though. It really needs short gears to keep the 1-2 shift RPM drop above 5000 and in VTEC range (ya, i know. You mustangers hate the term "VTEC" lol but it really is something on the NSX). With the JDM short gears, it drops to 5200 I believe? They're going in the next time I replace my clutch, which will be the end of summer when I have to put a stage 2 on it due the GruppeM supercharger :rockon:

I do have alot of suspension mods to help out around the track (I really enjoy road racing much more than drag racing). I have Comptech springs, bilstein shocks, type r sway bars/chassis bars, weight reduction, and my stock rims with Michellin Pilot Sport Cups. (I run Michellin Pilot Sports on Racing Hart CP-035Rs on the street 275/35/18 and 225/40/18 up front)

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Older 5.0's run better at the bottom. 85's are torque monsters with almost nothing up top. 87-93's seemed to be better up top with less down low. :shrug:

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Originally posted by SoFlaNSX
I call BS on that...I don't remember too much from my old mustang, but I don't think you can fit 275/40/17s up front WITH Eibachs.
Sure you can.

Btw, you don't have to explain your cars' mechanical issues at the beginning of every kill story. It seems as though your'e making excuses about why you didn't "kill" somebody even worse before you even tell the story.:)

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by micool
Sure you can.

Btw, you don't have to explain your cars' mechanical issues at the beginning of every kill story. It seems as though your'e making excuses about why you didn't "kill" somebody even worse before you even tell the story.:)

well, I normally wouldn't post a 5.0 kill with just exhaust or whatever he had because it's not a big deal. But since I shouldn't have even raced in the first place, it made it all that much better :)

Users who are viewing this thread