Bbr jackal fuel kit + on 3 twin kit 2011 mustang

2011roush

Established Member
Anyone running the jackal kit from bbr?

I've got an issue after the car has been running for a while and you park it. When you go to start it it has a really long crank. I'm not talking a few seconds I'm talking 10-15 seconds. Has anyone ran into this? When the car is cold it starts great.

alj7ym

Established Member
yes i have the same issue

its shutdown when its came hot is hot weather

i replace it by cp-e top hat with 3x walbro 400

D98GT

Established Member
I run the kit and haven't experienced it to take THAT long. Are you turning the key forward and allowing it to prime before trying to crank? If not, it'll take a good 5 seconds maybe

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I run the kit and haven't experienced it to take THAT long. Are you turning the key forward and allowing it to prime before trying to crank? If not, it'll take a good 5 seconds maybe

This might help you a little bit. The factory fuel system uses a check valve to keep pressure in the system when the engine is shut off. Turning the key ON for a few seconds before you fire the car might help.

Also it depends on how you have the fuel pumps wired up. Some people use the stock trigger that goes to the FPDM so this will only allow the pumps to be primed for a few seconds just like the factory. If the pumps are wired with their own relays that come on with KEY ON, you good to go to try the key on method before you fire the car up. Hope this helps.

D98GT

Established Member
That's typically the time that I always hear "damn your fuel pump is loud" as I run just the A1000 setup. It's definitely loud/annoying compared to factory but it's just one of the things that you get used to I guess once you start making power.

2011roush

Established Member
Maybe I'll rewire it and not use the stock trigger wire. I've also noticed of you drive it more than 20 miles the pump gets really really loud. Has anyone noticed this?

D98GT

Established Member
I will try to pay more attention to mine later on today but I don't believe it gets any more noisy after driving.

2011roush

Established Member
I will try to pay more attention to mine later on today but I don't believe it gets any more noisy after driving.
It's noticeable. Mine starts off with a slight hum and after 20 miles of driving or so it's screaming like a banshee.

RusWolf

Established Member
Can someone review that BBR fuel system?
i see they have one for $800 and one for $1500.
What will $800 one accomplish? i can't seem to find answers and some vendor is telling me that BBR jackal system is POS.

D98GT

Established Member
It's noticeable. Mine starts off with a slight hum and after 20 miles of driving or so it's screaming like a banshee.
That definitely does not sound right. I would pull the seat off and start rechecking the wiring and so on. How many miles?
A1000 or eliminator?
What will $800 one accomplish? i can't seem to find answers and some vendor is telling me that BBR jackal system is POS.

I made a little over 800 on a mustang dyno while using it paired with ID1000s which I felt was pretty good. I bought my system from Jack Haden's car which I am pretty sure was over 1000hp when he pulled it.

Don't get me wrong, FORE would be my first choice but I bought the entire system for less than $800 on the forum so it was too hard to beat at the time. The install was pretty straightforward as I just ran the lines along the factory ones that were in place. We knocked it out in one night

Last edited:

D98GT

Established Member
I have the system with the rails, regulator, lines, etc. Not a ton of information can be found on this system but I don't have complaints

2011roush

Established Member
I think the bbr is is the way to go being it's the only system out with one pump so no worrying if all your pumps are on line. I bought the complete kit the install was easy.
I'm currently working with Chris to find out why I have an extended crank and why the pump gets loud. From the responses here my concerns are not the norm.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I think the bbr is is the way to go being it's the only system out with one pump so no worrying if all your pumps are on line. I bought the complete kit the install was easy.
I'm currently working with Chris to find out why I have an extended crank and why the pump gets loud. From the responses here my concerns are not the norm.

How would 1 pump be easier on a high HP car? The fore hats are very easy to check if the pumps are working or not. For these cars nothing comes close to the complete FORE systems, they are top notch and hands down the best.

It is IMO a better idea to have 2-3 pumps on high HP cars due to if 1 goes out mid pass you have 1-2 more pumps to help out.

2011roush

Established Member
How would 1 pump be easier on a high HP car? The fore hats are very easy to check if the pumps are working or not. For these cars nothing comes close to the complete FORE systems, they are top notch and hands down the best.

It is IMO a better idea to have 2-3 pumps on high HP cars due to if 1 goes out mid pass you have 1-2 more pumps to help out.
I'm by no means an expert but my thought process is this...... If you run multiple pumps to make sure you have enough fuel if one goes south how do you know other than checking? With one pump it works or it doesn't. I can see the possibility of a lean condition regardless of the system.

But my thinking is one will continue to run lean while the other will shut down

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I'm by no means an expert but my thought process is this...... If you run multiple pumps to make sure you have enough fuel if one goes south how do you know other than checking? With one pump it works or it doesn't. I can see the possibility of a lean condition regardless of the system.

But my thinking is one will continue to run lean while the other will shut down

Chances are if you lose 1 pump out of a dual pump system you will notice a lean condition in your logs.

I would rather have 1 pump going out and 1 still pumping then a single pump leaning out.

2011roush

Established Member
Chances are if you lose 1 pump out of a dual pump system you will notice a lean condition in your logs.

I would rather have 1 pump going out and 1 still pumping then a single pump leaning out.
I'm with you...... but the majority of people don't run "logs" while driving around town and spirited driving.

Users who are viewing this thread