BBK's twin 65mm T/B installed!!

valdo's toy

Established Member
Hi guys, just to let you know my experience with BBK's twin 65mm Throttle Body. First, I got it from a friend that didn't like it because of high idle speeds (read; 1,100-1,500) even after completely desadjusting the idle screw. When I got it installed in my car it did the same thing, so another friend took it to a machine shop, after working on it for about an hour they told him it was ready, after installing it on the car again it idled great, no adjustments to the idle using the Predator was needed altough the idle set screw was left completely unadjusted, the TPS was again adjusted to .98 volt and I was set to go. The SOTP meter tells me there is much better throttle response, altough it didn't feel like it is making more power at all, remember this is with only taking the car to the street, no Dyno numbers to back it up, but for me the much improved throttle response increase is worth it. Sorry for the long story. Hope it helps all those souls in their quest for buying a throttle body, good luck and good hunting!!!

marcseidler

I had a new one that did the same thing. I sent it back (after fooling with it for days) and the replacement was fine. It does improve the throttle response greaty. I am not sure if it is because of the invreased flow or the different ramping on the cable mount. Also I found that spendingt more tim in porting the intake made a difference. I removed as much around the mounting bolt areas as I could safely that seemed to intrude in the flow area behind the butterflies.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Damn, and I was thinking about getting a throttle body but now I'm not so sure if I wanna mess around with higher idle speeds.

valdo's toy

Established Member
Kovachian-My idle problem was solved as was SEIDLER's, in my case I worked on it by myself not using the supplier but either way the idle problem was solved and the rewards are worth it, at least for me. Seidler- I did the same as you did, removed as much as possible and not only in the front throttle area but in the whole plenum from front to back, even gasket matched the rear area of the plenum so that I'll be prepared if I decide on going with the ported blower. Good luck!!

71stang99

Established Member
I did the same thing too, just installed the BBK from a private sale on the board and looked and how much extra there was that needed to be taken off, I took as much off as I could so its a better 'match' then just leaving it with the stock hole.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
why would you go with another twin blade one instead of a reg oval one like billetflow or accufub

FINICKY

Established Member
I also did what you guys did except I filled the indentations on the outside of the plenum so I could port out the inside humps wihout goin through it. Now the whole plenum is wide open from front to back with no bumps inside .. I also polished the entire length.. The times in my sig are with the bbk ..

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
the bbk and stock are two different holes.

Last edited:

Shadows

oh, that would be cool to have 2 separate t/bs, is there a way to get that? (sry for jacking the thread, after this i'm done).

71stang99

Established Member
Hey did any of you guys have trouble putting the MAF to TB tube back on the TB? with the rubber gasket that goes around the tube (stock TB) it wouldnt go on the BBK TB for nothing so I took it off and its a real tight fit and using the clamp it was not going anywhere.
Also which wires on the TPS sensor are used to check the voltage? I havent fired up the the car as it doesnt have the HE in it at this time

Last edited:

U1arunit

10 Second Club
Established Member
Originally posted by 71stang99
Also which wires on the TPS sensor are used to check the voltage?
Use the middle wire(gray/white) on the connector for TPS voltage and the lower wire(gray/red) for the ground.

valdo's toy

Established Member
71STANG99- I had to remove the rubber gasket around the tube also, but adjusting the clamp enough did the trick, as for the TPS adjustment use the center cable for the signal reading as U1arunit told you but I used ground from the battery or body to make it a lot easier, remember to calibrate it rotating the TPS until it reads between .96 to 1.00 volt, good luck and enjoy.

71stang99

Established Member
valdo,
thanks for the info, I just ran the car for the first time today and notice it idles high, ~1500 then goes down to ~900, its not like it was with the stocker as far as idling down. (any ideas) Acceleration is another matter, it makes the car feel like an almost instant jolt of power, it seems that with having the blower ported and the CAI that this was the final piece to really maximize the 'package' of the three.

U1arunit

10 Second Club
Established Member
What TPS reading are you getting? Mine did the same thing at first and I found that the TPS must have moved when tightening it. I reset it to .985v and all is well now.

Users who are viewing this thread