BBK X/H pipe fitment

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Anyone else using a BBK X or H pipe and have fitment issues? I noticed right away that the passenger side flange didn't look bent enough to fit correctly. Had to use a prybar to get it to get it on the studs and, as I figured being that I had to do that, it doesn't sit flush on the manifold. Sounds badass but it's an exhaust leak none the less. I'm asking because I bought this used and am trying to figure out if BBK is just lazy with fitment or did previous owner jack it on uninstall.

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
From what I've seen, under most instances it's BBK's fault. I have several friends that have had issues with their BBK's in the past.

slosnake

Established Member
I had issues also with my x. Just took it up to the Muffler Shop and they actually rebent the passenger side tube, and it fits perfectly now!!

96cobrakid

Established Member
u got it used? make sure it is for a SN95 specifically. just b/c they had it on one doesn't mean its right. could be the wrong model

98CobraStuntn

Stuntn
Established Member
it fit fine on my car. the only thing was wedgeing the passengers side up in there. Did you change that gasketon the passengers side? the only tim i ever had a leak was when my gasket broke but i changed it out and it was perfect

Users who are viewing this thread