BBK Soon to Release 85mm Throttle Body for 2011 5.0 Mustang - Looks awesome!

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
I believe it was alleged Ford Racing was coming out with a 90mm. But I have no proof.

[youtube_browser]FrA96gbO2gs[/youtube_browser]

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
wow, couldn't be an easier install! in all honesty i wonder how much power it's worth with bolt on mods...if history repeats itself, probably in the 1-5rwhp range

kingnut

Established Member
wow, couldn't be an easier install! in all honesty i wonder how much power it's worth with bolt on mods...if history repeats itself, probably in the 1-5rwhp range

would not be worth buying for that little increase imo.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
a larger throttle body would have a much better effect on modded cars than stock cars, i'm sure the stocker doesn't become a restriction until at least 100HP over stock. it's more of a supporting mod.

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
The FRPP one is 90mm.

I am going to wait for the FRPP 90mm. But i cant find any proof. I think the entire post Livernois posted was taken down.

But i think a vortech supercharger matched with a 90mm throttle body, and boss 302 intake, would be a real wining combination. :beer:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
It is. I've seen it. It's a quality piece.
will it be made by accufab like the current FRPP piece? if so i wouldn't even consider any other brand.
As a stand alone piece sure. But if someone is force feeding cool air into the engine, a bigger throttle body is going to help no?
it all depends on how much power your making. i think you'll see the limits of the bottom end before the stock TB will become a restriction. this is an obvious upgrade if you have a built bottom end though IMO.

02reaper

Established Member
What size is the opening where the throttle body mounts on the stock and boss intakes?

Users who are viewing this thread