BBK shorties with dyno

wbt

Banned
Had my car dynoe'd today after installing the BBK shorties last weekend.

Best results of each run were:

429WHP
376WTQ

I think that is in-line with a LT setup IMO.

Power adder mods are:

CAI
Tune
O/R x-pipe
BBK shorties

Dyno graph:
2011MustangGTDyno.jpg

First run smoothing set to 0:
2011MustangGTDyno2.jpg

Video of run:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5iP0v6E4y8"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT Dyno[/nomedia]

Last edited:

wbt

Banned
Stock cat-back?

Stock over-the-axle with Magnaflow 15594 muffler deletes. I probably need to buy the JPC over-the-axle 2.75" pipes. I have read the stock resonators neck down to about 2.25" then back to 2.75".

May order that next week. We will see. :rockon:

Whocares05050

Established Member
From a scientific, comparison only, here is what the difference is between my 5.0 and the OP's. I know, different cars, days, weather, all that good stuff, however, it will still give a pretty good idea modification vs. modification. Looks like he makes more power (red line) and I make more power in the midrange (blue line)

I have Magnaflow cat back, JLT intake, and evolution tune.

Could the headers / cat deletes really make a loss like this in the midrange?

Overlaydyno.jpg

wbt

Banned
I think the shorties are moving the power up higher and producing a greater peak which is where you spend most of your time in a drag race. Coupled with the new Boss intake, I think it will make for some very interesting results as they will be complimenting each other more. Hopefully will know more on that in the near future.

SAE is a correction factor that shouldn't have much impact on the comparison. The variation between the physical dyno's would be more of a concern.

wbt

Banned
Good #'s. what did the car make befor the shorties? just trying to figure out HP gains?

I was unable to dyno before so no direct comparison unfortunately. :(

Here is a comparison graph between LT's, shorties and stock H with cats:
DynoComparison.jpg

What does that all mean? Different cars, different dyno's, grain of salt.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
im pretty impressed, i still think the bottle heck is the resonators... the stockers seem to flow well but for shorties those are some powerful numbers.... who tuned you WBT?

wbt

Banned
im pretty impressed, i still think the bottle heck is the resonators... the stockers seem to flow well but for shorties those are some powerful numbers.... who tuned you WBT?

Thanks!

I plan to get the JPC over-the-axle pipes soon to replace the stock sections.
Over the Axle Pipes

A good friend of mine tuned the car. He is running the same tune on his 11.37 2011 GT. Did all the data-logging and tuning on his car. :rockon:

ViciousJay

Established Member
man im really debating this for the $350 asking price. Install said it would be around 150.... i may just get this too when i get a tune and intake

give me a car with 500hp and 300TQ and youll see some crazy traps with an easy launch :banana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread