BBK or K&N CAI? 1996 Cobra

BigScott96

Established Member
I have a K&N CAI currently and have a chance to get the BBK in trade. What are everyone’s thoughts? I like the BBK looks better and would think with the BBK would work better being it pulls air from the fender well. Eventually I’ll be running a KB 2.1 blowzilla. Any thoughts or experience with with either CAI would be greatly appreciated

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
The cooler the air the better.

I would trade for the BBK.

mlackke

Established Member
Chrome BBK is gonna get hot... sounds cool tho... I'd get something that is not chrome.
Hmm, that something I would want to challenge. Since bbk is aluminium and yes after long drive it will get hot, but point is, so what? Amount and speed air moves inside intake tube, not to mention tube is only max 40" long and air conducts heat very badly, so i would doubt very much if air would heat up even one degree.

However that is just my theory, change my mind :)

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
Hmm, that something I would want to challenge. Since bbk is aluminium and yes after long drive it will get hot, but point is, so what? Amount and speed air moves inside intake tube, not to mention tube is only max 40" long and air conducts heat very badly, so i would doubt very much if air would heat up even one degree.

However that is just my theory, change my mind :)

I really don't care that much, lol. Just my theory.

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd ditch the whole deal and go with a JLT CAI personally. Love mine, haven't had any issues with it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread