BBK Longtubes are FINALLY on *sound clips inside*

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
After just 4 short years of sitting in my closet my ceramic coated BBK longtubes are finally on the car with brand new front o2 sensors. I fired up this $300 digital recorder I got from work on my way to and from the install so that you guys can check out the difference in sound.

Setup now is BBK longtubes, BBK offroad H pipe, and Magnaflow Magnapacks

Enjoy...

Factory manifolds (w/BBK H pipe and Magnaflows)
Index of /audio/Cobra/Factory Headers

BBK longtubes
Index of /audio/Cobra/BBK Longtubes

I'm still getting used to the sound difference, I really liked how crackly and poppy the old setup was when I would lift off the throttle with the factory manifolds but I have a feeling that had more to do with the 180,000+ mile old o2 sensors which were probably very slow to react and tell the computer that there was no air in the exhaust and to cut the fuel.

The thing that I've noticed most with the longtubes is that it's quite a bit quieter when cruising and a bit louder when wide open, it makes me laugh every single time I lay into it now because the difference in volume is just incredible.

lrg_Headers1.jpg

Last edited:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Sounds great! Love it! :rockon: Sounds just like my car.

blwnmstc

Established Member
Thats the exact setup that have and its a sleeper when driving normal but the beast comes out at full throttle, sounds good!

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
I run the same tubes but with my cam's, they sure make the idle a nice, clean thump.

Neighbors don't agree though. :)

jtkz13

Established Member
LT's did the same to my car. Its def not quiet at idle, but at WOT its REALLY loud. Surprises alot of people.

Users who are viewing this thread