BBK catted mid and JLT intake

Mach&Roll

Established Member
I have a bbk catted mid pip coming and the jlt ram air intake on the way. It is going on my otherwise performance wise stock 2001 cobra. Should this pickup the power a little. This car feels slower than my 05 gt. How will the x pipe sound with the stock mufflers? It is going to have to due for a little bit until I can pick up some OT at work. I want to post pictures of the cobra but I am dumb and cant figure out how yet without posting a link to the mach1registry.

clbailey

Established Member
Im confused.... do you have a Mach or a Cobra?

And it should be around the same stock for stock with a 05 gt.

I felt the most improvement after the diablo tune, but I am not a big fan of cookie cutter tunes, and plan on getting a dyno tune after headers and gears.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I remember feeling a little more top end pull with the JLT. I don't remember anything with the mid pipe. But then it's been a little while since I just had those mods.

Mach&Roll

Established Member
It is hard to judge but the 05 had a custom tune, axel back, k&N intake and a drag gas x that was changed to an H pipe with high flows on it. Maybe the sound of the exhaust is what was making that one feel faster. But I am going to say this cobra feels like a dog but when I look at the speedometer it is moving right along. Do you think it could be the IRS in the rear vs the solid on the 05? I am excited for the JLT. Not sure how the car will sound the with stock mufflers and the catted x. Guess this time next week I can let ya know. Oh and I own a 2001 mustang cobra right now. When I joined I had a 2004 mach one but that was back in the day.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Remember that you have to rev these motors to get into the power band. It starts pulling around 4K. That's main reason these cars love gears.

vita

Established Member
I was actually just looking at 4.10s. Bit better performance and doesn't affect mileage.

yea, it does. But, you gotta pay to play.

OP - its probably just messin with your head. as for the mufflers, it will be quiet still. Louder, but quiet. a next thing when ya get the extra hundred is picking up a pair of decent mufflers. ;)

Mach&Roll

Established Member
I am already trying to figure out how to get enough extra hours to pay for the mufflers. Then I think a tune is in order

Users who are viewing this thread