BBK catted h-pipe

Stangeralf

Established Member
guy has one for $200. half price of a new one. I have a 91 5.0 notch with mac catback exhaust. What do you guys think of the deal and how good are those h-pipes?

buddha93

Established Member
I've had both, and I'm running a Bassani catted x-pipe now. I have to say, with the blower in front and the Flowmasters behind, I really like the way it sounds. It's not a raspy sounding as some, but it's definitely higher pitched.

bp92gsr

Established Member
listen to this! this is my car. pypes x-pipe with pypes mufflers and turndowns before the axle.theres my mut as well.

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/325-stroker-pypes-xpipe_176702.htm]325 stroker pypes x-pipe and turndowns- Video[/ame]

bp92gsr

Established Member
still havent decided. the fluidyne 2-row went out in it recently and have to keep toppin her off about once a week so thats a starting place for me. itll cost 350-400 for same part number. also looking into gettng afr 185 with a larger com. chamber and a AFM custom cam. trying to drop C/R for the turbo setup i plan for at the end of this year. im gonna be going with the B&G stage 1 maybe upgrading to a larger turbo as well.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
Stick a bottle of Bars-leak in it till you can get it fixed or replaced. Heck, the Bars-leak will hold it on its own for quite awhile.

bp92gsr

Established Member
i want a permanent fix and ive heard many times not to poor any kind of radiator stop a leak into it b/c it causes blockage in the coolant system on the motor and thermo area.

Dan

Established Member
guy has one for $200. half price of a new one. I have a 91 5.0 notch with mac catback exhaust. What do you guys think of the deal and how good are those h-pipes?

I have run the catted H from BBK for many years and really like the sound. The H is my preferrence over the X.

- Dan

Users who are viewing this thread