Bbk cai 1725

MattG04

Established Member
Long story short, I'm still running stock airbox and paper filter. My buddy is going JLT HB and I can purchase his BBK cai 1725 from him for $75. I have heard that with the 90* bend into the fender where the filter resides causes turbulence and throws the MAF readings off. Does anyone know this to be true and if I took and cut a piece of screen and installed it between the 90* elbow and MAF would this do any good or should I just run it how it comes new. And too I'm still running my stock MAF. Appreciate any insight to this matter.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I'd take that $75 and put it towards a K&N setup and shield or FIPK, over the BBK garbage JMO.

Coxy

Established Member
BBK came on my car. Fitment is ok, and the car runs well. I certainly wouldn't run anything k&n on something I cared about. I think the site consensus is JLT products are the way to go. But sometimes the budget doesn't allow for the big name goodies

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
How come you say its garbage?

After there X-pipe I had on my 01 I will never buy a single one of their products again and I have a few of them on my fox. There CAI is more for looks anyway to me the chrome would retain more heat.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
BBK came on my car. Fitment is ok, and the car runs well. I certainly wouldn't run anything k&n on something I cared about. I think the site consensus is JLT products are the way to go. But sometimes the budget doesn't allow for the big name goodies

LOL plenty of guys running the K&N with the shield and stock intake with no problems. I have nothing against JLT and in the future will probably pick up one of there RAI's for this Cobra I had one on my 01.

MattG04

Established Member
Yeh I have read alot about BBK exhaust componets having poor fitment and also cheaply manufactured. I agree with the metal tube getting hot and gave it some thought. However its a $350 intake I ended up paying a $100 for and the fitment couldnt be better, for my application it seems to work well. I just drove the car home yesterday and didnt do any substantial pulls due to wet conditions. I put some bigger tires on the rear 285/40/18 and with the eibach pro's and no ISO's they rub just a tad so the ISOs are going back in this week. And after that i'll know more but I will say I can hear the blower now!

Coxy

Established Member
"No problems" sure, but unless they've stepped up their actual filter construction game in the last 10 years, I'll pass. I'm in the same boat as you though, eventually I will have a RAI, as I'd prefer a larger filter that isn't stuffed up in the fender, from an ease of preventative maintenance standpoint.

LOL plenty of guys running the K&N with the shield and stock intake with no problems. I have nothing against JLT and in the future will probably pick up one of there RAI's for this Cobra I had one on my 01.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
"No problems" sure, but unless they've stepped up their actual filter construction game in the last 10 years, I'll pass. I'm in the same boat as you though, eventually I will have a RAI, as I'd prefer a larger filter that isn't stuffed up in the fender, from an ease of preventative maintenance standpoint.

This and if you have to change plugs it will be easier to remove.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Yeh I have read alot about BBK exhaust componets having poor fitment and also cheaply manufactured. I agree with the metal tube getting hot and gave it some thought. However its a $350 intake I ended up paying a $100 for and the fitment couldnt be better, for my application it seems to work well. I just drove the car home yesterday and didnt do any substantial pulls due to wet conditions. I put some bigger tires on the rear 285/40/18 and with the eibach pro's and no ISO's they rub just a tad so the ISOs are going back in this week. And after that i'll know more but I will say I can hear the blower now!

Congrats

sonic_whine2003

Car Crazy
Established Member
Just throwing my 2 cents in....I also had very bad experience with BBK headers and x-pipe on my former 2011 stang and probably would never buy anything BBK again. But that being said, when I bought my 03 Cobra Vert it had the BBK CAI already on her also and I have not had a issue at all. Good buy have fun and be safe.

MattG04

Established Member
I'm gonna data log and see what my IAT's are with the stock intake and the BBK, I wish this weather would break, this storm suX and I feel for the New England states as its heading that direction.

Users who are viewing this thread