BB gun laws in IL??

Burnt Rice

Established Member
Anyone know what the BB gun laws are in IL?
This is what happened.

Me and My dad were outside shooting my BB gun for about 30-40 minutes.
Its a Co2 powered bb gun.We had a bb trap set-up completely out of harms way.We made sure it wasnt pointing towards any ones house or anything.
We were just shooting at the target.After a while a cop shows up.We were in the back yard behind our garage.And we hear someone say something so I look and its a sheriff. I was the first to looks then my dad just after me.
(may I remind you hes still holding the bb gun in his hand wich looks just like an actual gun) the cop right away reaches toward his gun but my dad quickley yelled it a bb gun and the cop calmed down.Thats when he told us one of the neighbors called them out because we were using a bb gun and that we had to put it away.Then he left.
Now we have an idea as to who it was because the neighbor to the left is realy cool and is a good freind of ours but the neighbor ro the left is a hippie looking guy that I guess lives with his parents still. We think it could possibly be him cause we've seen him throw some dirty looks at us a few times.and the rest of the neighbors are prety cool and never say anything.

Well I would just like to know what are the laws for possesing a bb gun and using it on your own property when both the shooters are over the legal age which is 16.
The cop just told us to put it away and left. He didnt wright a ticket or anything.And we were prety pissed off because we were having fun and he messed it all up (not the cop).Plus he was wasting the guys time.The officer could have been doing something worth while instead of just telling us to put away a bb gun.

Thanks for any help and sorry about the long post.:beer:

tistan

Established Member
I guess the good old days of having bb gun wars with all the neighborhood kids are gone.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
I live in a development where the homes start at 1.2 million and I fired my .50 desert eagle off into the ground at like 2 in the mornin several months back and my mom asked me what that massive explosion was. I said "nothin MAH, go back to bed". Anyway no cops came. Man i gotta quit drinkin. Now a groundhog lives in the hole. On a side note, please dont tell me to grow up because im 30 years old and what you see is what you get. Good day sir.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
03silversvt said:
I live in a development where the homes start at 1.2 million and I fired my .50 desert eagle off into the ground at like 2 in the mornin several months back and my mom asked me what that massive explosion was. I said "nothin MAH, go back to bed". Anyway no cops came. Man i gotta quit drinkin. Now a groundhog lives in the hole. On a side note, please dont tell me to grow up because im 30 years old and what you see is what you get. Good day sir.

You are 30 and still live with your mother:D

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
tistan said:
I guess the good old days of having bb gun wars with all the neighborhood kids are gone.

i guess so, prolly a good thing though because i know we took them alittle to far in my neighborhood

2 pumps huh, snicker* OK. click,click,click,click,click,click...........click, click, long pause, click, one more for good measure lol

03DOHC

Established Member
Double"O" said:
i guess so, prolly a good thing though because i know we took them alittle to far in my neighborhood

2 pumps huh, snicker* OK. click,click,click,click,click,click...........click, click, long pause, click, one more for good measure lol
You were the one that we all ganged up on and shot for pumping more than agreed upon.:rolleyes:

As for the law in your area you can always check the website for your city. That's how I found out it is illegal to discharge a bb gun or a paint ball marker in the city I live in. It is a sad state of affairs when you are a prisoner in your own home. That said, I shoot my pellet guns every single day in my back yard.

tistan

Established Member
I sit in the kitchen with my pellet gun and the window cracked open, and hunt squirrels in the back yard . I used to just walk out the back door, but they got to smart that.

Last edited:

Burnt Rice

Established Member
tistan said:
I sit in the kitchen with my pellet gun and the window cracked open, and hunt squirrels in the back yard . I used to just walk out the back door, but they got to smart that.

lol,thats why we brought the bb gun out but then there was none.

Do you live in savvanh,GA?

Users who are viewing this thread