Battlefield: Bad Company (Xbox 360)

CyberDaveA

Established Member
I finally played the demo for Bad Company last night. After reading some initial reviews online I was worried that I wouldn't like the game, but I actually think it's a lot of fun.

I play COD4 almost daily and it's still a lot of fun, but I've been looking for something new to play. GTA kept my attention for about 2 weeks and then it got old.

The destructibility in Bad Company is really addictive. I was worried that the multiplayer was just going to be a bunch of people running around with grenade/rocket launchers blowing up buildings... but the gameplay is fairly diverse. Some people like cruising around in Helicopters and Tanks, whereas others like to snipe... and of course there's the frontline run and gun players.

Overall I think the graphics are pretty good. The controls are very similar to COD... which is a good thing. The lobby system is nice because games start automatically and you can choose to spawn at the base or with your squad.

The thing that appeals to me about this game is that the maps are very large. There are some quirks though. I feel that the sniper rifles in the game are off a bit. Sometimes I shoot a guy in the chest or head... and the bullet completely misses. Another thing the game is missing is the ability to lay down in the prone position.

All in all I think I will be buying this game... and it might replace COD as my most played game...

:beer:

CyberDaveA

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gNLFjK2QII"]YouTube - Battlefield: Bad Company Demo Trailer (HD)[/ame]

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I'll have to get the demo tonight.

Saw a commercial for it last night and it looks pretty good.

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
I played it but it seems like it's all about destroying the gold safes. I was hoping it was going to be like BF2 Modern Combat like capturing bases and such. I played the beta when it came out 2 months ago.

CyberDaveA

Established Member
I played it but it seems like it's all about destroying the gold safes. I was hoping it was going to be like BF2 Modern Combat like capturing bases and such. I played the beta when it came out 2 months ago.

I just went to the website and it looks like there are only two game types... One is Gold Rush - which is what the demo features...

The other is Conquest:

Conquest.jpg

Sounds like it will be fun too...

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I played the demo yesterdayw ith some friends, wow its really fun, you can drive or fly almost anything, theres artillery guns, tanks, humvees, some open sytle truck, helicopters, boats, there are different guns to man on every vehicle as well, i didnt think it would be too great since i play cod4 everyday and am used to that, but wow this game is sweet.

antiv6

Established Member
i like the game but when you turn the frame rate isn't very smooth like call of duty, i think it would annoy me to much, and all of the servers are horrible

CyberDaveA

Established Member
I agree that COD feels a lot more refined... but it is fun playing a new game.

In a perfect world I wish you could combine the large maps, destructibility, and vehicles of BF... but use everything else from Call of Duty for the actual gameplay

assasyn

Established Member
I agree that COD feels a lot more refined... but it is fun playing a new game.

In a perfect world I wish you could combine the large maps, destructibility, and vehicles of BF... but use everything else from Call of Duty for the actual gameplay

Life as we know it would cease to exist. Nothing would be accomplished in life.

Pewter99TransAm

I played the demo the other night and wasnt really impressed. I playedi a few times and deleted it. I have gotten waaaay to spoiled on COD4! Next games im dying to get my hands on is Tom Clancy's End War and Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway. Brothers in Arms is going to def have COD4 colleting dust with all the rest o my games!

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Played it. I liked it. Seems fun. I wish there was just a regular deathmatch though, but it seems conquest will be similar.

Artillery guns, tanks, helis and everything else does add quite a bit of fun to the game.

Users who are viewing this thread