Battlefield 3 (the true sequel)

Mayo5

Established Member
Yep, Can't wait for this game to be out on PC. Hopefully they actually give a shit and try to prevent cheaters unlike BC2.

64 person servers ftw!

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i saw this in a magazine today. Ill wait for multiplayer to come on vid to see how it does but im anxious after reading about it

KurtDog

Established Member
I'm going to try my best to wait for a month or two after it's released before buying. EA sucks bad with releasing these games too early and not testing enough.

But it looks badass!

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
I'm going to try my best to wait for a month or two after it's released before buying. EA sucks bad with releasing these games too early and not testing enough.

But it looks badass!

:dw: They do beta test this... That goes live sometime this summer....:poke:

And must buy fo sure

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Wow, too many of these games coming out I cant even keep up.

The Battlefield series pioneered the way for the CoD's and Medal of Honor etc.....Battlefield 1942 had a huge following and mod community. Same with BF:Vietnam and BF 2 and BF:2142

KurtDog

Established Member
:dw: They do beta test this... That goes live sometime this summer....:poke:

And must buy fo sure

Haha, thats what i ment to say. I won't be doing any beta testing for EA this round.

Who am I kidding? I'm going to buy it the day it comes out...

Mayo5

Established Member
The Battlefield series pioneered the way for the CoD's and Medal of Honor etc.....Battlefield 1942 had a huge following and mod community. Same with BF:Vietnam and BF 2 and BF:2142

The MoH Console version came out before '42, and so did MoH:AA(Same year). But man, I remember my friends and I would be playing all night on BF42, BF2, BF2:DC mod and some others.

I used to love the Omaha beach map. I didn't care for BF:Vietnam, but I did love the expansion for the BC2: Vietnam. Their physics engine is alot of fun as well, I just wish developers would spend more time in fully destructible environments. I can't even imagine how awesome it would be if the Dice team and ROO team worked on a WW2 project that deep city/forest battles using that engine.

Last edited:

GTRdone

Established Member
can't wait. The only game I play right now is BFBC2 on PS3 on my roommates account: blitzur.

hopefully this game will be all that it is cracked up to be... :banana:

StangmanRob

Established Member
I still play 1943, BC2, and BC2 Vietnam on PS3 on almost a daily basis. Feel free to add me. Been looking for mature players to squad up with. My PSN is : Stangman05

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
The MoH Console version came out before '42, and so did MoH:AA(Same year). But man, I remember my friends and I would be playing all night on BF42, BF2, BF2:DC mod and some others.

I used to love the Omaha beach map. I didn't care for BF:Vietnam, but I did love the expansion for the BC2: Vietnam. Their physics engine is alot of fun as well, I just wish developers would spend more time in fully destructible environments. I can't even imagine how awesome it would be if the Dice team and ROO team worked on a WW2 project that deep city/forest battles using that engine.

Word on the street is there will be a dedicated team focusing primarily on destructible environments. I heard that there is a map in which a 12 story building collapse. The EA community manager on Overclockers.net said its one of the most insane events during game play he has seen thats non scripted.

I completely forgot about the MoH series, but I still believe BF reinvented the mass player genre.

Last edited:

Mayo5

Established Member
Word on the street is there will be a dedicated team focusing primarily on destructible environments. I heard that there is a map in which a 12 story building collapse. The EA community manager on Overclockers.net said its one of the most insane events during game play he has seen thats non scripted.

I completely forgot about the MoH series, but I still believe BF reinvented the mass player genre.

Yeah, I read about that and it has me excited, but I just have to be hesitant when it comes to EA. They don't exactly have the best track record.

Here's a video of a middleware package being using in Frostbite 2.0 for lighting, it will be modified for BF3. This game will be nuts.

[youtube_browser]foXVF7q035Y[/youtube_browser]

I'm also excited that they will be doing customizable classes. Hopefully they do it right.

Pretty random, but since you are techy and a gamer, did you play any RO?

I would agree with you on the reinventing the wheel part with the BF42. I just couldn't forgot about MoH, because the first console version and RE for PS1 got me into gaming hardcore. I was in one of the best clans in the world for MoH:AA/SH so I couldn't forget that, and I still play it from time to time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread