battle of the mide pipes

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
we all know what x pipes sound like with various types of catbacks, etc.. the 3 in lethal H pipes are brand new and dought there are videos out yet (whish lethal had made one). hopfully its awesome and not raspy. then you have catted x pipes and and hopfully catted H pipes coming soon. I may actually just have one made.

i personally have hushpower axleback, no resinators and i did a catted magnaflow x. its way to loud for me. honestly i think it has to do with the drone from the hushpower. i hate the drone. so im not sure if i want to change the axle back or the mide pipe and make my own h pipe with high flow cats. not sure yet. mabey you guys will have some ideas. i will use my car as the test dummy, lol i dont care.

also i have found that flowmaster has released a hushpower cat back that has a scavenger x pipe. it looks like a crossbreed of a x pipe and an h pipe. it sounds good through stock cats. anyone tried this yet?

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
thats what im thinking. lethals not making a catted version yet so i have been researching high flow cats i could weld into the lethal non catted h. magnaflow makes a bunch of them with a 3 in diameter and i have no clue yet which one to use.

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
Go with the Lethal o/r H with your current axleback. I think it will be just right for you.

it just wont pass emissions. i was also considering gt500 mufflers with this h pipe. i hate rasp and drone. i want it as solid and deep as possible.

Last edited:

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
I forgot you guys have emissions. then you might have to go the weld-in high flow cat route. but I still think you should try it with your axleback.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
or go o/f until sticker time comes up then stick the stocker back in.... only take an hour once a year. Not bad for 5ish hp (over a high flow cat) and a great sound.

ViciousJay

Established Member
thats what im thinking. lethals not making a catted version yet so i have been researching high flow cats i could weld into the lethal non catted h. magnaflow makes a bunch of them with a 3 in diameter and i have no clue yet which one to use.

bullitt cats, i had them on my lightning and they flowed and worked well... i think i paid 55 a piece

ViciousJay

Established Member
are they 3 inch diameter. will it matter?

i had 2.5 but im sure they make 3"

ouch a little more for 3"

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Universal-Catalytic-Converters-High-Flow/dp/B000GKJKBY"]Amazon.com: Magna Flow 94300 Series Universal Catalytic Converters (High-Flow, Oval) Cat 3 Inch IN/OUT Cat 3 Inch IN/OUT: Automotive[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread