battle of the functional hood scoops

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
so after being couped up inside the house the past 2 days with the flu, I decided to take the Mach out for a spin. Nice sunny day, sorta chilly, but I still have a fever so everything is cold to me. I'm traveling on a 4 lane divided street that connects to atleast 5 housing communities. I pull up to a light and wait it out when I hear a famaliar rev of an LS1 with exhaust. I look over to see and nice blue SS with a grinning driver. I :-D and rev right back. Off goes the TC, check the mirrors for cops, and bring up the revs ever so slightly. The light goes green and I mash the gas. I slam 2nd gear at 6500 with authority as teh tires bark like angry dogs. The SS is right beside me as I hit 3rd gear. The SS pulls ahead, but not by much. I hit 4th gear and stay the same. I take my loss, give a :thumbsup: and proceed to Walgreens for more TheraFlu

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
get well soon and have some fun drivin!.....i'm sure the mach is gettin lonely in the garage........good race

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
My best friend has a 2002 SS and he pull on me about the same too. That was back when my car was completely stock. (not like I have that much done to her now though) We have raced more than enough times to know and I would hang real well through 1st and 2nd and then the 3rd gear is what would kill me! The 3rd in the F-bodies is brutal! However once we were both in fourth and so on, he wouldn't pull me anymore. Its that 3rd that does all the damage to us N/A Mustang guys!:burnout:

Last edited:

Wild Bill

Established Member
Good death.I noticed that the Z06 has a strong 3rd also.I ran a modded one with slicks and was ahead through 1st and 2nd by about a half a car but the Z06 pulled it back and put a half a car on me in 3rd.I took it back in 4th and had him by a nose when we cut off at about 135 (way too fast)

Users who are viewing this thread