Battery Tender Recommendation?

Kel

Established Member
Well, got the oil changed and put her away for the winter. Looks like I'll wait til the spring for those MPSS tires that have been out of stock. Anyways, what's everyone using/recommending for a battery tender? Thanks.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Deltran Battery Tender,, been using them on my boat and my parked toys,,work great.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
My recommendation is to pull the battery and hook it up outside of the vehicle, on a ground faulted circuit, and away from anything flammable.

carguy19

Established Member
Ive had the same old battery tender that I bought from summit racing for 10 years. No issues no problems.

Franchi

Established Member
Subbed for info. I need to pick one up as well. Had a cheapie that worked for 2 years but crapped out last winter on me.

Joraft

Established Member

SlowVert

Established Member
Deltran stuff works pretty well.... I have a bunch of the Tender Jr's hooked up on various things - bikes, boat battery and car over the winter... Never had and issue. I like the "quick" connects they come with - makes plug it in effortless instead of the "alligator clips" which never seem to stay in place well.

J.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
http://www.amazon.com/CTEK-Multi-7002-Battery-Charger/dp/B000FRLO9Y

There is a reason it's included with high end cars. Waterproof and idiot proof.
After reading recommendations on this site a year ago I got one of these.

Works great, I highly recommend.
+2

I got a tender from CTEK as well. I like the way it works and I didn't feel it was overpriced. I like the precautions it says it has built into it as far as overcharging, etc. too.
+3. Very happy with my CTEK too.

Ablaze

Established Member
I'm about to pickup one of these myself. Having never stored a vehicle for the winter, how do you install the battery tender while keeping the cover on? Do you run the clips from under the vehicle up and through the engine bay to the battery and then close the hood? Should I be worried about anything touching and exploding into a million pieces? Been trying to find a picture of how it should look.

I had the oil changed by my favorite shop but they're 50 miles up the road. Brought it back down, washed it up, and parked it until I figured out what was next. Reading further, most say you should change the oil on the spot but I hadn't the opportunity, just moved to a new house, so I got the oil changed on my last trip from the city when I brought the car down. I did over inflate my tires but I need to check them for leaks, the pressure was uneven last time. I also need to put stabil in and drive her around for a few miles, just have to be very careful as it's just above freezing here.

So I've already made some 'newbie' mistakes but I'm learning as I go along. Any advice is appreciated. Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I'm about to pickup one of these myself. Having never stored a vehicle for the winter, how do you install the battery tender while keeping the cover on? Do you run the clips from under the vehicle up and through the engine bay to the battery and then close the hood? Should I be worried about anything touching and exploding into a million pieces? Been trying to find a picture of how it should look.

I had the oil changed by my favorite shop but they're 50 miles up the road. Brought it back down, washed it up, and parked it until I figured out what was next. Reading further, most say you should change the oil on the spot but I hadn't the opportunity, just moved to a new house, so I got the oil changed on my last trip from the city when I brought the car down. I did over inflate my tires but I need to check them for leaks, the pressure was uneven last time. I also need to put stabil in and drive her around for a few miles, just have to be very careful as it's just above freezing here.

So I've already made some 'newbie' mistakes but I'm learning as I go along. Any advice is appreciated. Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread.

I made it easy on myself. I connected it and then ran the wire out to the passenger side headlight area. There is enough space for me to lower the hood and put the cover on without pinching/crimping anything. You'll get what I'm saying once you're doing it. Super easy.

Last edited:

Ablaze

Established Member
I made it easy on myself. I connected it and then ran the wire out to the passenger side headlight area. There is enough space for me to lower the hood and put the cover on without pinching/crimping anything. You'll get what I'm saying once you're doing it. Super easy.

Waiting for mine to come in the mail then I'll give this a go. Thanks.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I have 2 battery tenders and my original black faced tender I bought 11/1995. The box still has the shipping date on it. My Tender plus is over
10 years old and shown in the photo below on my stored Shelby. Almost 20 years of running these Battery tenders and they still both work great. I
have never had any issues with batteries on or off my Mustangs with the tenders. My 2004 Cobra was on the tender plus for 8 years until I sold it
with no issues. Can only say good things about these Deltran products.

DSC_0432_zps43944393.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread