Battery Relocation

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Somebody posted a good wiring diagram for the battery relo on the 2003 --- I can't find it. Need to kill the alternator...

Anyone remember the thread?
James (need by tonight...)

************* good responses **********
That's what I like about this forum...
JW

Last edited:

VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
From what I understand, you will need a relay that will cut current flow from the alternator so that the car will not continue running once the battery is cut off. Summit and Jegs offer that wiring kit............

diagram.jpg

link

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=9961&prmenbr=361
76450103.gif

Last edited:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
dad, i think that red line did not get installed...
but i think it requires a line to the battery, and then back to the 12v "hot" point, but not sure. anybody?

VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
Originally posted by amwalker
dad, i think that red line did not get installed...
but i think it requires a line to the battery, and then back to the 12v "hot" point, but not sure. anybody?

That is correct, I did not install the red alternator line. You need the painless relay to cut all current from the alternator or the vehicle will run from voltage coming from the alt. That red line I believe is supposed to be hooked up to a relay..........

When I have time I will finish my buddy's install after his heads get done on his gt, its down for the moment

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
I will, leaving for Florida in a few hours but will take some when I get back. I want to clean up the stuff I was doing in the trunk..
James

I didnt know u can stuff a dead body back there :shrug:

A Towncar would be a perfect job for it ;-)....foot note :p

stang99

Is there no end to the piggies mods? It is getting closer to being a funny car all the time. And here I thought that you put that cage in the car to do 12's. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Us innocents out in the desert are the last to get anything. Well, at least it appears that there will be some fast Cobras in Calif soon. And, we don't have to stinkin' put them away in garages for the winter. LACR runs practically year round, as does Carlsbad. They may not be the fastest strips in the country, but, we get to run a lot. If practice helps, we should all be in the 10's soon.

stang99

Bodies go into the ICE CHEST. They may or may not be dead when they first go in. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
I didnt know u can stuff a dead body back there :shrug:

A Towncar would be a perfect job for it ;-)....foot note :p

Users who are viewing this thread