Battery Relocation

4rdsvtdriver

Drive it like u stole it!
Established Member
I tried a search for battery relocation on our trucks but came up w/ nothing. Since I'm out to sea the web pages take forever to load. Slower than dial up. Anyway, I'm looking at putting a bigger coolant resevoir in my Lightning which will mean I'll have to relocate my battery. I've heard that some have put it under the bed. How hard is this to do? I don't want to put it in the bed of the truck since I'll still want to be able to use it. Anyone mounted theirs under the bed along the frame somewhere? I want it close to the cab. I've seen them mounted under the spare tire near the back, but I want to keep it as close to the bed as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be good too!

-Rob

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
It's not hard to do at all. Just kind of expensive and time consuming. I'm not sure of any good spots close to the cab where you could mount the battery. Most have either put them in the bed, mounted them where the spare tire is, or on the frame rail near the rear somewhere.

I'D WIN

Established Member
There is a ton of information already posted out there ... search some more and check the other boards such as NLOC and F150.

4rdsvtdriver

Drive it like u stole it!
Established Member
Thanks for the help. I guess I'll have to wait until I'm on land w/ a quicker than dial up type connection. It's way to slow out here. It takes a few tries to even post up on here.

Users who are viewing this thread