battery relocation and cut-off switch question

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
for those of you who relocated your battery to the trunk, did you also put in a cut-off switch? I got the taylor kit (alum box, cables, etc, from brothers perf, about $140 shipped) and was thinking, while I'm back there, why not install a cut-off switch, either in the rear panel, or in reach of the driver....has anyone done this? where did you put the switch? also, where did you run your cable? Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

kevin

i have not relocated my battery (yet). but i do have a cut off switch. it is mounted on the roll cage, driver's side so when the window is open either the driver or an outside worker can turn it off (don't forget to disconnect the battery before doing anything tho).

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
(don't forget to disconnect the battery before doing anything tho).

July 4 is almost here, leave the battery connected, the fireworks will be pretty. :D :beer: :p

Andy M

Established Member
Ken,

I have not (yet) moved my battery, but will be doing this some time this summer. I DO however have the kill switch installed, in the same location as Kevin. On the side of the roll bar next to the dash and A pillar on the drivers side. Make sure you get a heavy duty kill switch. I bought mine from Jegs. When properly installed, it kills EVERYTHING!! If the motor is running, it will kill the motor, the fuel pump, EVERYTHING! All power is gone!

kevin

btw, when you kill everything via the kill switch, it will kill power to your computer. when you restart the car, the computer will be in the re-learn mode.

kevin

Originally posted by Cobra-R
July 4 is almost here, leave the battery connected, the fireworks will be pretty. :D :beer: :p

and you would probably make the suggest to test a 9 volt battery by putting it your tongue:dw: :D :D :beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
and you would probably make the suggest to test a 9 volt battery by putting it your tongue:dw: :D :D :beer:

Doesn't everybody do that?:shrug: :D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Cobra-R
Doesn't everybody do that?:shrug: :D

A heck of a lot quicker than going out to the garage and getting a voltmeter which you don't really need because God gave EVERYBODY a 9v battery tester!!:lol: ;-) :D

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by ac427cobra
A heck of a lot quicker than going out to the garage and getting a voltmeter which you don't really need because God gave EVERYBODY a 9v battery tester!!:lol: ;-) :D

Exactly, Bruce!!!:beer: Dang, why can't these guys think outside the box?. ;)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
the problem is it becomes addictive and one looks a bit wierd with a 9 volt hanging out your mouth:D

Duh!! That's your problem Kevin!!! You don't leave it hanging out of your mouth! You tuck it in between your cheek and gum and then when you need a fix you just dip your tounge over there and you're good to go. :lol:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Originally posted by ac427cobra
Duh!! That's your problem Kevin!!! You don't leave it hanging out of your mouth! You tuck it in between your cheek and gum and then when you need a fix you just dip your tounge over there and you're good to go. :lol:

cheeck n gum.....r u talkin battery? or chew? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread