battery question

BossHogg

Established Member
The battery on my truck has been out of my truck for about a week i was jsut curious is there a reset or somethin that must be done if the battery has been out for this long, i have it in the truck and i noticed that the theft light is flashing and i did not know if that was normal or not

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
The battery on my truck has been out of my truck for about a week i was jsut curious is there a reset or somethin that must be done if the battery has been out for this long, i have it in the truck and i noticed that the theft light is flashing and i did not know if that was normal or not

the light only flashes when the truck is off right. thats normal.
mine was out for 3 months. connected it back up with no problems. mybe rechrage the battery. mine was dead after not using it for that period.

BossHogg

Established Member
ok well i have replaced the fuse panel and gem module because they some how got wet and i also replaced the ignition switch and now i cant even get the truck to turn over it just clicks, n e suggestions or ideas

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Do you have a test light?

I'd check the signal wire at the starter solenoid on the firewall to see if it is getting the signal to activate the starter solenoid first. If you wanted to test the starter motor itself you could jump the terminals to test the starter.

Users who are viewing this thread