Battery light is on

Fitzy_1227

Established Member
Ok so my battery light came on so I looked under the hood and noticed that it was leaking so I replaced it but it was still on so I disconnected the battery while the car was running and the car died so the alternator must be bad so I replaced that and it went off for a couple of hours and then driving home from work yesterday it came back on so I did the battery again and the car died any ideas what could be doing this is there something in my car destroying alternators did the send me a bad one could there be something else doing it?

Fitzy_1227

Established Member

Wow I had no idea that could happen I learned from my dad (he used to be a tow truck driver when he was younger) that disconnecting the battery while the car was running would help to determine the alternator is bad so does it prove anything if the car dies after you disconnect the battery? Do you have any idea what could cause the battery light to come on?

maxwell6

Established Member
What causes the battery light to come on is a indication that your alternator is not charging your battery.When your alternator is not charging your battery it is like an open circuit that is what the light is telling you. I just went through the same problem. Just picked up my second alternator today, they found a bad rotor.

Fitzy_1227

Established Member
What causes the battery light to come on is a indication that your alternator is not charging your battery.When your alternator is not charging your battery it is like an open circuit that is what the light is telling you. I just went through the same problem. Just picked up my second alternator today, they found a bad rotor.

Btw are you supercharged and were you on it hard when your light came on.

Yea I fixed the problem I replaced the alternator 2 times because the one American muscle sent me was bad so that is why the light came back on I was looking through the wiring because I was so frustrated bit it's fine mow

Users who are viewing this thread