Battery Life.

Tim Comer

Established Member
I keep a trickle charger on my battery as I don't drive the car often. As a person who has had 3 good today, gone tomorrow batteries, how do you tell when you need to replace it? The other 3 vehicles were daily drivers, unlike this one. I don't want to find out 100 miles from home the battery has died.

mikerob

Established Member
Before mine went out recently it had hesitation on startup a couple months before it completely went out. And it hesitated worse the closer it got to completely dying.

AOD86GT

Established Member
I keep a trickle charger on my battery as I don't drive the car often. As a person who has had 3 good today, gone tomorrow batteries, how do you tell when you need to replace it? The other 3 vehicles were daily drivers, unlike this one. I don't want to find out 100 miles from home the battery has died.

I don't drive my 2012 Mustang GT often too-only on nice days and I still have my stock/original (almost 3 year old) battery. It is hooked up with a Ctek battery charger all year round when not driven. Which trickle charger are you using by the way?

Lone Star

Established Member
I'm still on the factory battery and have 65,000 miles on the car. I only drive it once every couple weeks, and last winter the car sat for 4 months, never had a tender on it and it has always started right up. Hope this helps with the longevity question

clean92lx

Established Member
My car sits for a week sometimes and never put a trickle charger on it and it's never given me any problems

Users who are viewing this thread