Battery/Electrical woes

SVTRob

www.Stangology.com
Established Member
Well yesterday on my way home, I looked down at my gauges and the battery voltage one was insanely high, basically in the red. So I was like wtf, and turned on the radio, lights, and ac and such. Not sure if that was why, but it came down a bit, still insanely high though compared to how it normally is.

Then today, the keyless remote wouldn't work, get in the car, and nothing works. I'm guessing the battery died. I Check the voltage, and it shows 2, so I figured it IS dead. So I bring the bmw around and get ready to jumpstart it. After connecting them, took about 4 tries and pressing the gas to get the Cobra to start. As soon as it starts, the battery voltage still reads super low, and then the RPM gauge starts going nuts, it moves all the way up and down even though the car's revs are still at idle and I can tell they are not changing. The battery light stays on, the car shuts off. I take off the jumper cables, and go to start it again to see if it charged, nothing, everything dead again.

Both battery and alternator are less than 3 months old.

:nonono: :mj: :shrug:

VEGASDAN

Gambled and Won
Established Member
Go to any auto parts store and have them check your alternator. Most will do it for free.

Users who are viewing this thread