Battery Drain/IAT code

520Terminator

Wait.....What?
Established Member
This might be a little long, bare with me here. About 2 weeks ago, did a pull getting on the freeway, and something didn't feel right. Get home, throw the scanner on the car, P0113 Intake Air Temp. Circuit High Input. Pull the IAT sensor and ohm it out, open circuit. Replace said IAT with a Ford/Motorcraft part, clear the code and all is well. Fast forward to a week ago. Go out to start my car and the battery is dead (6 month old Optima) Jump the car, drive to O'reilly, exchange said dead battery, all is well. Last night, I took my friend for a ride, do a first gear pull, and again, something isn't right. Hook up the scanner, and this time I get the p0113 again, along with two other codes, but I am having connection issues with the scanner, it keeps disconnecting, and I can't access the other two codes, or the live data feed. For a split second, I thought I saw a p0300 Random Missfire flash across the screen but I am not sure. Go to start it to move it this morning, dead battery again. :shrug:

Any ideas on the connectivity issue? That is what I am most worried about. If I can't pull codes or look at live data, then I can't diagnose what is going on. That and the battery drain has me worried. Bad alternator? Bad PCM? Anybody had any similar issues?

LS1toSVT

Established Member
Could all be related to your battery issue. Make sure your alternator is good and your connections are solid before you start replacing stuff. Always start simple, then move on.

Users who are viewing this thread