Battery and Terminal Connection Question

White98SVT

Established Member
Since my positive terminal connection is almost corroded (sp?) away, I was wondering what my alternatives were to fix this. I have seen the cheap terminal connectors at the different auto parts stores but just don't like the way they look nor do I trust them all that much. I have also heard that the new connection cords through Ford cost an arm and a leg.

Well what other options do I have?

I've thought about going to a stereo shop to see what they have, but I'm not sure if that's a waste of time. Does anyone have experience with this?

Also does anyone have any good suggestions on new batteries? I've thought about an Optima Red top but spending $100 on a battery is just not really feasible. My range for the battery is up to about $75 including tax. :pop:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Damn son...good thing you never popped that hood while I was there....I might have KEELED YOU!!! :-D

I tried to get one of the "nicer" battery connections at AutoZone once and I had to do so much bending and adjusting just to make it fit. I would think any stereo shop would know more on what to do than an Auto-store guy. As far as batteries.....I'd go with whichever one you can at the Auto-store....Duralast...whatever. Optimas can be bought at Sam's for about $130.

Good luck man. :thumbsup:

NA97GT

Established Member
I work at a audio shop and there are many different types of batt. posts available. Quality ones are about $25 ea.

White98SVT

Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
sure man....do what your heart desires....just get that White beast cleaned up...you're making the rest of us look bad. ;-)

That's the last time I try to hook you up with a bride's maid :poke: :nono:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
I love the Optima I bought 2 years ago. $110 at Pep Boys and no problems whatsoever.

A $40-50 Exide from NAPA would work just as well. Napa Terminals aren't bad either, and cheap. I think they have some of the better auto electric parts out there.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
White98SVT said:
So I guess I'd be better off going for the ones from the stereo shops? Cheaper is better by quality is a major concern.
yea you can go to circuit city as well. I work there and they have some pretty nice tsunami ones that look real good and work very well. definately get something from a stereo shop better connection and tend to not corrode as easily..

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
one was bitchy and the other....well...don't get me started....guess she just didn't want any of the Texas lovin. :nonono:
lol..pimp.. :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread