Batt light comes on

Kenosha Chris

Established Member
Hey!!!

I had the local dealer install the program update on my SVT (what a hassle to get done:gt: ) and since then the BATT light blinks on. We notice it shortly after first start of the day when you hit the brakes. It blinks on for a second or so and then off never to be seen again that day. Has anyone else had this problem. I'd love to get more info. before I talk to the dealer. They always seem to need help.:mj:

Thanks and God Bless

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Sometimes when I press in the clutch, the revs drop so low that the charging system is not charging, hence the activation of the Batt light you see. When the revs come back up towards 650 the chargin system is back up and the light goes out. Since the supercharger install last tues, I've actually had the car stall 3 times while driving at speed. Not the best time... Ciao.:coolman:

Primaris

Established Member
Give your car time to relearn the idle. Alternatly you can zero the comp. then give the car time to relearn the idle.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
There was a mid-year change to the 2002 SVTF factory computer settings, concerning idle control etc. This update can be installed free of charge at your ford dealer. I'm not sure of the code, I'm sure someone here must know it by heart. It will alter the way your car revs and unrevs during gear changes and idles at operating temp. It's usually a good thing. I like the change.

Kenosha Chris

Established Member
As stated in the original, I just had the update done. Since the car is my wife's, she drives it most and noticed the problem. It hasn't been happening in a week and a half, so maybe it fixed itself. I let you know if it comes back. Thanks for the ideas.

God Bless

a64armt

Established Member
I guess you are all speaking of the flash memory or new electronic engine control software. This was the reprogram that was supposed to correct the idle issue and engine surging. I think I will skip the reprogram until we get some more info.

Thanks

Kenosha Chris

Established Member
I believe the reprogram is well worth the effort. My car is totally better after the reprogram. I thought it ran well before, but the low end and off idle are much improved plus the hesitation when you'd start out cold is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread