Baton Rouge: Audubon Ford and warranties? Help

bnglcat

Established Member
Ok, my rear end seems to have developed a leak. I know, it sounds kind of personal, but bare with me here. I am going to be calling them to see about getting it re-sealed under warranty since I haven't hit 3 years yet and am a long ways off from 48k.

My question is this. How are they in the way of mods. Now, in theory, they shouldn't have to open my hood to re-seal the rear end. I do have the borla exhaust but that shouldn't matter either. I just really don't want to have to deal with hagling over the warraty and such. Are they pretty good about it or will they nit pick my car trying to find something? I haven't dealt with anyone down here since I bought the car when I lived in NY, so any input is greatly appreciated.

On a related note, has anyone ever had them re-seal their rear end and have you asked them to also install the BF brace while they are at it? I am going to ask them about that as well.

Anyhow, Thanks in advance. :beer:
-Rob

REDSVT150

Established Member
Rob,

Give Richard(Black99Light) a call at All Star FORD in Prairieville.He might be able to do somethng for ya. He understands the plight of the modified vehicle.

Brad

Last edited:

bnglcat

Established Member
REDSVT150 said:
Rob,

Give Richard(Black99Light) a call at All Star FORD in Prairieville.He might be able to do somethng for ya. He understands the plight of the modified vehicle.

Brad

So, should I call them and ask for Richard? Is he the manager there or something?

REDSVT150

Established Member
bnglcat said:
So, should I call them and ask for Richard? Is he the manager there or something?

No, he is a service writer, I think that is what you call it. Yes ask for Richard in the serviec dept.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i had a rear leak and audubon replaced the full defferential (pumpkin) instead of resealing he told me that it was a pain to reseal and just ordered a new one. at the time i just had a exhaust,tune,cai but nonetheless they told me nothing, i don't think that your mods is going to cause a rear to leak.just my two cents
later
brandon

Last edited:

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
They replaced my clutch disc at 18k miles and they didn't have to after 12k miles. Also replaced 3rd and 5th gear sync. I did buy the car from them and that could also make a small difference. Mods at service was cai,flowmasters and o/r x-pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread