Baton laws in California...

Juiced-03

Established Member
I am pretty sure that batons are illegal to carry in California, but I can't find a whole lot of information about specifics. Is it illegal to own one as long as it is in your home? What about in your car? I am interested in a collapsible baton to have at home for various reasons.

I did a lot of searching online and one LEO said it was legal to keep it in your home, but not anywhere else. Clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Well, did some more searching and I don't think I can even own one in my home :(

In case you guys wanted to know, I am in the correctional officer testing process and wanted to get a baton to practice with at home since it is the officer's primary weapon. Thanks guys.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Go to Galls and buy a practice baton, they are rubber and foam. CSB is a very useful device. I am a baton instructor. Most of the time untrained people use them incorrectly and get hurt. You will note these people because most of them will have a cut/stitches above one eye or the other.

jshen

Established Member
Tanya Harding's hubby was pretty good with one ...or was that hubby's "friend".. :-D

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
It was hubby's (Jeff Gillooly) friend, Shane Stant.

In the immortal words of Nancy Kerrigan, "Why, Why? It hurts so bad." HHmmmm, no shit, Sherlock............ :D

Juiced-03

Established Member
lol! thanks FordSVTFan, I'll look into that practice one. Still probably nothing like the real thing though?

jshen

Established Member
I have heard that Nancy K...in the real world is a first class "B"...and Tanya has swelled up to porker size...without a chance at a career in skating..she was doomed..over one iddy bitty "whack"..........

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
Get a cheap ass Casco in addition to a training baton. Keep it at home. I find my collapsible baton to be useful for scratching myself under my vest in between the shoulder blades, breaking windows and stewing garbage cans looking for illegal shit that johnny DB just tossed in when I rolled up. In a corrections setting, your baton will likely be used quite infrequently.

Take Adam's advice and practice with a practice baton to avoid becoming a statistic that he referred to..
smiley_abused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread