Bassani X pipe to Midlength Headers

DICobra

Established Member
Hey Guys,
Needing help what is the name of that piece that connects from the Bassani X pipe to the Midlength headers. I bought a Bassani x pipe with cats but when I asked the shop to replace my gutted Bassani X pipe (welded pipes) they said that I won't fit because it's for the stock headers. I need to buy that piece for newly bought Bassani catted X pipe from Bassani. Thank you :)

NJredfire03

Established Member
Hmmm trying to decipher it a bit. I know the mid lengths have extensions coming off of the collectors to make it seem like they are long tubes. Thats so it can reach the x-pipe with out the 2 "legs" that come with the bassani x-pipe. The 2 "legs" will be used if you have stock manifolds. But those legs will come off and the Extensions on the headers will reach down to the shortened x-pipe. Am I making sense. I am almost positive that all Bassani x-pipes are a 5 piece construction, so they can be used with stock manifolds or their mid lengths.

NJredfire03

Established Member
after reading your original post again and searching for a minute, you have commented on one of my threads about the x pipe being a 5 piece. You may be missing the extensions from the headers and not anything from the x-pipe. If you don't have those extensions that come off of the collectors, then your x-pipe will only work with stock manifolds. Right now this is my issue, I bought mine used and I'm missing those extensions. I was told to call Bassani directly to get them. Might be your best bet.

black 10th vert

Established Member
after reading your original post again and searching for a minute, you have commented on one of my threads about the x pipe being a 5 piece. You may be missing the extensions from the headers and not anything from the x-pipe. If you don't have those extensions that come off of the collectors, then your x-pipe will only work with stock manifolds. Right now this is my issue, I bought mine used and I'm missing those extensions. I was told to call Bassani directly to get them. Might be your best bet.

You are correct. I have the Bassani 5 piece X on my car now with the stock manifolds. I also have their mid length headers (still in the box), and they came with the correct extension tubes which are much shorter than the ones used to connect to the stock manifolds.

04svtsnke

Established Member
I called bassani and had to order them from them. Right around 100 dollars plus shipping I believe, it's been a couple years so the price might've went up.

If its any consolation I have my x pipe with extensions for sale.

Last edited:

NJredfire03

Established Member
I called bassani and had to order them from them. Right around 100 dollars plus shipping I believe, it's been a couple years so the price might've went up.

If its any consolation I have my x pipe with extensions for sale.

100 bucks isn't bad. Which x-pipe is it? catted, catless,SS, BX?

DICobra

Established Member
Thanks Guys for the replies, called Bassani and I ordered, they said it's called the Adapters. $45 a piece .... :) Waiting for the shipment.... :)

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
Awesome Man, Glad it worked out :)

Any of you guys having major issues with exhaust leaks on your mid lengths. Mine I have had off three times already and am having issues with them leaking???

NJredfire03

Established Member
Awesome Man, Glad it worked out :)

Any of you guys having major issues with exhaust leaks on your mid lengths. Mine I have had off three times already and am having issues with them leaking???

what kind of gaskets are you running? are they leaking from the gaskets or the collectors? If it's the gaskets, look up Remflex gaskets for these headers as well as good stage 8 locking bolts. Apparently with those two things, the headers dont leak.

Thanks Guys for the replies, called Bassani and I ordered, they said it's called the Adapters. $45 a piece .... :) Waiting for the shipment.... :)

Cool man, I'm going to have to do that at some point too.

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
what kind of gaskets are you running? are they leaking from the gaskets or the collectors? If it's the gaskets, look up Remflex gaskets for these headers as well as good stage 8 locking bolts. Apparently with those two things, the headers dont leak.

Cool man, I'm going to have to do that at some point too.

It is leaking down at the collector, I am running stage 8's up top and havent had any issues with them yet :)

I definatley need to figure out the collector issue, cause is starting to piss me off :mj:

NJredfire03

Established Member
It is leaking down at the collector, I am running stage 8's up top and havent had any issues with them yet :)

I definatley need to figure out the collector issue, cause is starting to piss me off :mj:

talk to a shop that has experience with installing those headers, I've seen someone mention copper RTV? maybe? Not sure if I'm right on that. I'm sure there are plenty of threads on these headers leaking and you can find a solution. If you have any luck, post your solution on here. When I do go to get these headers installed, I'm going to want to get it done once and call it good.

black 10th vert

Established Member
talk to a shop that has experience with installing those headers, I've seen someone mention copper RTV? maybe? Not sure if I'm right on that. I'm sure there are plenty of threads on these headers leaking and you can find a solution. If you have any luck, post your solution on here. When I do go to get these headers installed, I'm going to want to get it done once and call it good.

Yep, the Permatex "Ultra Copper" rtv should do the trick for any leaky collector interfaces. I haven't installed my mids yet, but plan to seal all of the joints with the copper rtv. I have used it many times in the past to cure exhaust leaks - especially at header flanges, and even on the couplings that attach to the stock manifolds.

NJredfire03

Established Member
Yep, the Permatex "Ultra Copper" rtv should do the trick for any leaky collector interfaces. I haven't installed my mids yet, but plan to seal all of the joints with the copper rtv. I have used it many times in the past to cure exhaust leaks - especially at header flanges, and even on the couplings that attach to the stock manifolds.

Awesome, I'm definitely going to make sure I do this when I get them installed.

postalbunny

Established Member
Had major issues with exhaust leaks on the mid-length and flow tubes/cats. I ended up buying those slip-fit band clamps that wrap around the exhaust. They worked wonders for shutting up the random exhaust leaks at the joins. The ones that came with Bassani are just too skinny, you have to clamp the *crap* out of the pipe for it to work.

Users who are viewing this thread