Bassani X/P Fitted to BBK L/T's

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Is it possible to fit a Bassani X/P w/ cats to BBk L/T's? I've read somewhere that this can be done. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Can't be done. ANyone want to buy an excellent condition Bassani catted X/P with 4k miles for $250. Still have the original box and warranty cards. Email me if intersted.

Matt_Sterbator

Established Member
I don't think Bassani does make an Xpipe for the long tubes on Mod Motor cars. Reason being that they don't make longtubes for the mod motors so why make a Xpipe to fit something they don't make. That is what was told to a buddy of mine when we asked if they made Xpipes for longtubes :)

WIKD 281

Established Member
You can make the X pipe fit, I already did it on my car. BBK long tubes and custom shortened Bassani X pipe. It is really easy to do just takes a little time. I have pictures if you would like? If you do a search you may find some, I have posted info. on it previously. If you want more info I can either post here again or reach me e-mail.
[email protected]
Pictures of my car.
www.98cobra.com
Harold 99 cobra.

Last edited:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Boy I sure hope Bassani doesn't make a shorty X/P because I just ordered one today from VRS. I called them and they were very nice. By the way the guy talked, I'll be his first '01. I was a little worried until a guy answered one of my posts on BON and he spoke very highly of them. They are almost one off custom parts right now and he said the quality is very good and they actually made him a rush set in 5 days. I feel a lot better about the deal now. I think they want to do a good job to get good feedback in forums on the Internet.

Wikd, did your X/P have cats. It looks like it would be very tough with cats.

Maine, I have pictures I can email you but I don't have a site to link you to them. I have them on Mustangworld.com's Cobra section of readers rides. Go there and scroll down and it's about the only yellow one on there. It's about 10 cars down from the top. I like my light bar. It really gives the car a nicer appearance. I lowered it with KB springs and I get thumbs up everywhere I go. I would say the yellow is the best looking color but I think they all look equally great. I haven't gotten to see a blue but if I do I think I'll wish I had gotten that color. Only for a couple of seconds though. :rolling:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Thanks, Maine. If you go with the light bar I can give you a few pointers. I got a Saleen bar and the instructions aren't too good. The first thing you have to do is remove the rear seat. There are two catches that hold the seat. There are one each centered in each bucket portion of the seat. They tell you to take a thin flat head screw driver and slide it along the carpet from the outer side of the seat until hit hits the catch in the middle and force the button located on the side until it releases. I worked on this until I thought I'd go crazy. The seat is so tight you can't pry it up enough to see how the catch works. I finally figured it out though. The button is on top of the catch. Slide the screw driver along the bottom of the seat until you hit the catch and then lift up following the contour of the catch until you are on top of it about centered. Then press downward. The half side of seat you are working on will pop right up. This is really a two man job to get the bar in. It's light but very awkward to handle by yourself. Other than that the installation is not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread