Bassani Stainless Catback vs Aluminized

2000-S6

Established Member
hello-
posting for my friend with an 03 cobra vert. he ordered a bassani catback, but got the aluminized steel version and not the stainless. there is a huge price difference, as you know. just wanted to get your opinion: should he return it for the stainless, or just stick with the aluminized steel version.
thanks a lot,

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
If he paid for the SS catback, I'd definitely return it.

I think the SS looks way better, and with these catbacks you can see the tubing from the rear due to it hanging below the IRS.

Also, if your fro]iend lives somewhere that the salt the roads, then he'll definitely want the SS to avoid corrosion.

-norcal_cobra

davidmax

Established Member
If he is keeping the car for more than 10 years go for SS./Powder coating would have looked sweet,but my suggestion and you may see 1-3 ponnies is to get some exhaust wrap and wrap them real good from heders to cats.If you have no headers we've seen some with the full free flowing system wrap and use the adhesive selected and you can gain 25+ rrwhp from the wrapped headers and pipes.
My Kooks are mild aluminized as well and the wrap added in the area of 5-7 more ponnies,as well as keeping down cabin temps,and here in Phx. it gets pretty hot,and they will elongate life expectancy and increase the life span by 21/2 to 5x's as they come from the plant.
I hope this makes clear sence of directions but there will if not done work in synergy and we take each motor as a core deposit,but lets just a ccler charge with wide band 02 sensors,which we replace with 02' simulators.were all relearning on a 4 valve motor WAY differant but so is bill so Nate wont have to spend more than 100.00 or so and 3-4 hours of anal retention so were looking at 400.00+ for a super clean install. you wrap 1 bank your self and when you see the motor assembly Tech will talk Tim or Ed Pottehe bottom end is bilet so yo can retain the best on Tech always using Chasis manual for factory sampling.
If this is to complex and you can do the replace pay the restock and our caging turned it into a 4x install nightmare as well,but either slection is 100% correct I like fix#1 best as it will yield a few more ponnies,.The best of luck in your desicions we can pray that it all goes great and on these cars they truly reside in a special place and thats we can start at a higher standing and expect to finish up REAL HIGH to make more $$$$$,now that we will have an AZ,driver and beautiful new hi ways you will be real happy with the gig that the cars will have a HUGE customer base and many new 1's coming quick,for 20.00 to 30k jobs as well.
wE WILL always keep all, updated with all common issues then test sfter test we will keep the Ford Republic updated on faster,ways and methods and all we can to not stay between the
job and a cold 1 which every client out there and on road race we will report c0mmon problems,Good Luck,Dave S.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread