Bassani Question

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
I have these components:

Bassani BX catted X
Bassani midlength headers
Bassani off road legs

Will all of these things fit together? OR Do I need to buy the Stainless X.

The offroad legs apparently don't work with the BX midpipe because the cats are welded to the pipes going up to the manifold.

Thanks guys -

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
Anyone with midlengths that might know?

Do the midlengths connect to the mid pipe with just the cats seperating the X and headers? If so the it seems like I could use the X I have and connect with the off road legs or a stainless cat.

Bump for a tip.

97riocobra2

Established Member
If its welded all together you can either buy a stainless 5 piece or you can get a shop to do it custom. The 5 piece X is held by band clamps so you can swap the cats for the offroad legs.

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
Bassani exhuast comes in pieces. With the SS, you can get legs to replace the cats - so it is possible to run with cats or without on the same x pipe. Its a piece of pipe that replaces the cats - "off road legs". The cats are removable.

I don't have the SS. I have the BX. It is different. The cats are welded in to a piece of tubing that connects from the actual X portion of the midpipe to the manifold. Thus, the off road legs (cat replacement pipes) wont work for the BX. The cats are not removable.

My question is, how do the bassani midlength headers attach to the midpipe. Is the cat the only thing that connects between the actual X portion of the pipe and the headers?

A pic of bassani mids installed would pretty much answer the question.

Rev Happy

Established Member
133417.jpg

Bassani mids custom fitted to a prochamber... The car is jacked up on the right side...

If you bought the headers new, they definetly came with metal tube attachments that connect to the mid pipe. In the pic of my exhaust that I posted, they are the copper color tubes that are bolted to the header collectors. The silver color tubes that you see welded to them are part of the custom job to mate the prochamber. So if you currently have a standard Bassani X pipe, you are going to need a custom job like this to fit them to the headers. Or buy the Bassani X pipe that was made to mate up to these headers and copper color tubes. The custom work is not a big deal and I would recommend going that route if you know a good exhaust shop. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
Thanks Rev!

blackstangman88 pm'd me a couple of real helpful pics too. Suffice it to say that the BX and stainless bassani are constructed differently. So when the add for the headers says some modification may be neccesary, it is true of everything except the stainless x pipe.

It looks like my x will work with the off road legs and mids, but I will have to measure to make sure before I start tearing things apart.

What did you think of the power gains after the install - any noticable difference?

coolguy10786

Established Member
CobraJazz said:
Thanks Rev!

blackstangman88 pm'd me a couple of real helpful pics too. Suffice it to say that the BX and stainless bassani are constructed differently. So when the add for the headers says some modification may be neccesary, it is true of everything except the stainless x pipe.

It looks like my x will work with the off road legs and mids, but I will have to measure to make sure before I start tearing things apart.

What did you think of the power gains after the install - any noticable difference?

No the BX and SS are the same, except for the material its made out of. I have a bx catted x and its the new design. All the newer ones are 5 pieces.

Yes there is a noticeable difference

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
Well, that is news. I bought mine one year ago and the cats are welded in to the pipes that connect the x and the manifold. Maybe I got one of the old style. Bummer for me.

Can you post up a pic of your set up around where the mids connect to the x pieces?

coolguy10786

Established Member
don't have my car at college otherwise i would. I'll see if have some floating around though...

Users who are viewing this thread