Bassani off road x and catback installed!

Terminator03

banned
Alright yall just got it back. And the funny thing is i dont even have a word to describe the sound. Incredible still falls short. Even with the off road x there is no baffling and minimal drone. It is not too loud at idle or while coasting put push on the gas and watch out. Definantly a good choice. Best mustang sound i think i have ever heard. And i can definantly notice a difference in power. :D

Venom Lover

Established Member
Out of curiosity, why is it called off-road? Does that imply more dB than are allowed on public roads, or is it non-street-legal for some other reason?

Venom Lover

Established Member
Gary and 92LX5.0 -- thanks for the explanation.

Does anyone make hi-flow cats to keep it street legal? I know that hi-flow cats makes a big difference in sound quality and a small difference in power for the Viper.

On the other hand, if I buy an '03, I don't have to have it smogged for 4-5 years here, so it hardle matters. I suppose I could always bolt the stock exhaust back on for the smog check if I still had the car at that time.

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
Somebody say Hi Flow cats?

MAC, JDM, Bassani, Magnaflow, Steeda, and many more. Somebody help me here.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Originally posted by Terminator03
Alright yall just got it back. And the funny thing is i dont even have a word to describe the sound. Incredible still falls short. Even with the off road x there is no baffling and minimal drone. It is not too loud at idle or while coasting put push on the gas and watch out. Definantly a good choice. Best mustang sound i think i have ever heard. And i can definantly notice a difference in power. :D

And daaaaaamn does it sound meeeeeaaaan. No car will ever sound as pissed off as a 32v Ford...and glen's with the new pipes on it sounds HARDcore:eek:

:beer:

(we've gotta stop meeting with my girlfriend in the car, she may get bored to death with me constantly stopping to talk to car guys everywhere:lol: )

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Any chance of attaching a sound clip to this thread 'Terminator03'?

I'm trying to get a feel for what exahust I want to put on her. Plus, I finally have my wife convinced that the exahust will NOT drown out the sound of the blower. She seems to really like that sound...

I need to move fast before she changes her mind;-)

03DOHC

Established Member
Re: Re: Bassani off road x and catback installed!

Originally posted by The DBK

And daaaaaamn does it sound meeeeeaaaan. No car will ever sound as pissed off as a 32v Ford...
:lol: hahaha!

Terminator03 - Is that Bassani system the new one for the 03's or is it the one for the '01's?

Thanks

Terminator03

banned
Yeah i know DBK, i felt bad talking all the car lingo while your gf was just sitting there. Hehe. I really love the sound and the tone is changing the more I break it in. I almost drove 200 miles today, and didnt even relize. All while staying in between 2 cities. I cant get enough and I cant seem to stay out of the boost. I really need a new shifter though. Stock one is just not doing it for me. Any suggestions DBK or others?

Terminator03

banned
Oh yeah I have MIL eliminators being delivered anyday to shut off that annoying check engine light. I will also be working on getting a sound clip available to you guys so you can here the sound. After getting close to 200 miles on with the new exhaust things have started to settle down and the tone is very badass. Sounds much more sophisticated then my 99 with the o/r h-pipe and flowmasters. Its near quiet at idle and while coasting but you barely tap on the gas and it has a deep scream. A lot more throaty and less baffling then my old set up. Im very impressed and will never go back to an h-pipe again. And yes it is the 2001 x and catback. The 3.5 inch angle cut tips look very aggressive too. This car is finally starting to breath, and seems to be moving alot quicker. I definantly reccomend Bassani. Its expensive but worth any penny. :D

Silver 03 Cobra

tofast4u, the catted Bassani x-pipe is P/N 4699-3 and the catback is P/N 4699C-5. I don't know the part number for the o/r pipe. The x-pipe is made in three pieces now. There is the x portion and the two pipes that go up to the manifolds that use clamps to mount to the x. I bought the catted pipe and then ordered the two off road segments. They are only $130 including shipping.

Venom Lover, maybe this answers some of your questions. You can buy most intemediate pipes with or without cats. With the Bassani, you can have the option for either pipe with a less investment because the x is used on both pipes.

I may have to put my o/r pipes back on my 03. I put them on the first night and I really thought it was too loud and I really didn't like the sound. But, I had been driving a 91 LX four cylinder for three months waiting on my 03 to arrive. I'm sure that was a hell of a difference to absorb at one time :) .

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Thanks for the info. I am really only going to do the cat-back for now because I am planning on doing long-tubes when I upgrade the suspension.

Terminator03

banned
Tofast, if you want more immediate performance you can always get the x-pipe and when you get long tubes have the x-pipe cut it. It is basically the same thing and not very difficult for muffler shops to do, as i mean the cut-in part. Headers are a bitch and its difficult to find places to change them, and for a reasonable price at that.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Terminator03 I am will aware that headers are a PIA that is why I am waiting until I do the suspension. I am planning on doing Griggs Suspension which replaces the K-Member with a tubular one. This is the only way to install Long-tubes in my opinion to drop the K-member. I will be doing the work myself with the help of my cousin who owns a shop and has all the lifts and alignment gear.

Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread