Bassani mid-lengths question

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Ok I got my Bassani headers in the other day and I am little confused. The dealer will be installing them when my motor is out for head swap and I have to take them up ahead of time to go over install.

Now I know the collector slips on but what holds it on and seals it down? I searched and found plenty talking about slip-on Bassani headers but no explanation as to how they stay together. There has to be something here I am missing or do not understand.

mustarrosa

Established Member
You should have got an install instruction sheet with the headers. THe collector will wedge onto the headers on each side and you will not have to worry about them coming loose. My installer liked the headers ease of install and since you have your motor out it should really be easy. If you have any questions you can call Bassani and they will fax you the needed info if it comes to that.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Thanks for the info.

I have the instructions and all its says is to slip on collector and once lined up tighten the header bolts. Use Bassani anti seize jet lube of course.

I have slipped a couple into the collector and they just didnt seem very tight. I guess they will all fit together better once put on the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread