Bassani + long bars =no good

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
What have you guys successfully done to eliminate the rattling on the Bassani exhaust and LFP long bars. I've adjusted the exhaust and lowered the frame bracket a little. Maybe my C-notch is making it worse than it is. Short of taking it to an exhaust shop, I'm at a loss. Any ideas I'm not thinking of guys? :??:

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
c notch has nothing to do with your tbar and bassani contact...you have to loosen the catback up alil and adjust it...I had my bassani catback and tbars with a slight touch so I put a piece of old hose around the bar so it would silence the metal contact going over bumps/

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I have had no problem with mine... Is your truck lowered? If they are touching what about making some sort of bushing between the two so they dont make the noise. Like some sort of padding that can withstand some heat on the bars

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
Thanks guys. Much appreciate it. Yes PhLoBuS, I'm low. 4/6" bro. I was lower but couldn't stand the ride and getting hung up on everything damn thing. ;-) I'm going to try to adjust the muffs again and then slap a hose or padding over the bar. I just don't want it to affect the rest of the exhaust, especially up at the block or the long tubes.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I have a piece of rubber fitted/zip tied around the longbar where the pipes hits. You can use an ole piece of radiator hose or something that can endure the heat obviously.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
My truck is dropped 2/4 and I'm running 62" bars that I built myself with a full JLP/bassani exhaust with no issues. Where is your exhaust hitting on your bars?

Users who are viewing this thread