bassani headers questions

99Cobra#2468

Student of the Cobra
Established Member
What power / torque gains have you seen from headers, specifically bassani mid length headers? I have an opportunity to but set of bassani midlengths with o/r x-pipe for $800, brand new. Guy bought 99-01 Cobra headers for a Mercury Marauder and they don't fit, and he will sell package for $800. Is this a good price. How bad is the install for midlenght headers? Do you still have to drop out the front end (like with long tubes)? Thanks for the feedback.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
with an accufab TB, bassani headers, and SCT retune, i gained 30rwhp :) so basically minue the tune and TB, i gained around 20rwhp from the headers. BUT! in areas of my power curve, i netted 38rwhp gains in the high rpm areas, compared to my previous dyno sheet

i went from 287rwhp to 317rwhp after the bassani headers, 60mm accufab tb, and sct retune. i had a diablosport delta chip before.

so ya, DEFINITELY worth it!!

ya, you will need to drop the front end (kmember, brakes, etc) like ALL header installs for the most part.

marek

Last edited:

coolguy10786

Established Member
I was able to do mine without dropping the k, definitly alot of fun :mj: . When i saw my friends 99 engine bay after he bought it, i was jealous. I don't think it would be to bad, there's alot more space on the driver's side to work. Bassani's are definitly worth it, sound badass too.

VEGASDAN

Gambled and Won
Established Member
Did mine with a lift, didnt even drop the K member. Got about 15 rwhp on a mustang dyno. Make sure you get a lift.

Users who are viewing this thread