Bassani exhaust

5.0 guy

Established Member
My car came home today with the complete 3" bassani with long tubes installed. All I can say is it is hard to impress me these days and I'm overwhelmed with the sound and power increase. If someone tells me how to download a few vids I'll record some and download asap! I traded out my 03 at the shop so they could install the Xpipe with cats since it sounds so much better than the off road set up.:rockon:My numbers are 565/577 so now it's time to go back to the dyno and see the power increase, it's definately more then I thought.

ctony66

gettin blown
Established Member
did either of you have an issue with the 02 sensors ? i got a check engine light due to the 3 inch tube taking too long to get to the rear sensor.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
yeah i got a check engine light also....i'm hoping a tune will get rid of this. is yours still on now?

sorry for hijacking but are either of you guys missing the rubber hangers for the cat-pipe section.....mine is. I dont know if they are supposed to be on the car from the factory or if bassani sends them out. my stock system has no hangers in that area of pipe so i'm thinking bassani must send them with the kit..... i bought mine used

5.0 guy

Established Member
yeah i got a check engine light also....i'm hoping a tune will get rid of this. is yours still on now?

sorry for hijacking but are either of you guys missing the rubber hangers for the cat-pipe section.....mine is. I dont know if they are supposed to be on the car from the factory or if bassani sends them out. my stock system has no hangers in that area of pipe so i'm thinking bassani must send them with the kit..... i bought mine used

My car has the Check engine light also, I haven't had enough street time to find a solution yet but the installer thinks that the comuter will self learn the o2 difference but I agree that maybe a tune will correct the problem. We called Bassani and the 08's did't have the center X pipe hangers so we have to order them from Ford as an 07 oem part. I have only put 20 miles on her since the install so I still have a slight exhaust leak on the passenger side to correct, but the sound is pure badass!:rockon:I'm curious about how much RWH was gained because it feels like 50!!!:burnout:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
thanks for the info....i'll order them, should be cheap.

the sound is badass! this is my first set of headers and they really do help out.....the car rev's up so much faster now. i have the video of me on here somewhere.

i recommend this set up to any GT500 owner!

95PGTTech

Established Member
you will absolutely need a tune, the upstream oxygen sensor delay response function just needs to be modified slightly and your CEL will go off - among the other benefits of a tune

ctony66

gettin blown
Established Member
my light is still on and my inspection is due i had my tuner add delay but it didn't work. I'm going to have him shut off the rear o2's but i think that will also make it fail inspection. my buddy has a 2 1/2 x pipe and his light never came on. my dealer said he has seen this with 3" pipes before but didn't know the cure.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Did he set it up for generic long tubes or yours in particular? we're talking thousandths of a second here, not all longtubes have the 02s in the same position (example we normally use Kooks LTs...the use of ARH LTs on our tune for Kooks has resulted in the light).

What is the code number?
If you get us that, we can tell you if it's upstream or downstream 02s.

If you turn off the upstream, the car is going to go into limp mode and guaranteed will not pass inspection, probably not run very long at all. If you turn off the rears, you will have one "Not Ready" status on your inspection sheet, but you are allowed one in NJ and PA where I have gotten inspection. If you have two present, you will fail. I will have to figure out something this year as I have EGR and rear 02s as not ready.

ctony66

gettin blown
Established Member
I'm not sure what he did i just know he put a delay in. as far as the sensor it's the rears or secondary slow response and i don't know if NY allows any " not ready" status. but i guess i will find out soon. thanks

5.0 guy

Established Member
Fortunately I live in a city in Colorado that does not do inspections, but my car did show a downstream driver side o2, I'm going to work on this issue tomorrow. I did find my exhaust leak is actually a catalitic liner that is bad, you cn hear it rattling inside the pipe on the passenger side. I have only logged about 25 miles since the install so hopefully Bassani is going to warranty the cats, the shop had to send them pictures today. i will do some vids this week, I'll try to take a few with a mix of my cars, one thing is for sure, all my cars have complete exhausts with headers and by far the Shelby 3" sounds the best by far!!!!!!

5.0 guy

Established Member
I talked to John Lund today for a while and I am confident that he can fix all my tuning issues. He seems to be a very respectable guy and has the same passion for moddified SVT hardwhare just like us. He can fix the engine light issue as well as my other issues the my 500 is having. I am very pleased that I called him today and feel that my cars tuning issues are in good hands!:beer: He's a GT500 owner as well as an 03 owner so he has the same goals and issues as we all do which makes it easier to explain issues and future goals with your personal car. I definately recomend calling him if you want to get strait answers and solutions to your tuning. Whoever origionally suggested calling him I say thanks to!!! Bassani also sent out new cats for my car so it looks as if she will be running up tp par soon.:coolman:

95PGTTech

Established Member
John Lund is a world class tuner - when you get the GT500 back it will feel like a completely different car. You made a great choice with him, he is not some little no name who is going to hack your car up with a laptop and random key strokes.

5.0 guy

Established Member
John Lund is a world class tuner - when you get the GT500 back it will feel like a completely different car. You made a great choice with him, he is not some little no name who is going to hack your car up with a laptop and random key strokes.

We chateed for almost an hour on the phone and I am very confident in him. He is a very likable guy and knows his tuning for sure. After my 08 is complete I will have him help me with my 03 since it's time to do a Kenne Bell, the car is still new but needs to keep up with the rest in the stable!!:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread