Bassani CB question

03btchnsnake

In Control
Established Member
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.. I've had the cat back on about 3 weeks now, and today I noticed that the rear valence where the cut outs are was kinda melting.. Now it does not touch, and there is about 3/8" clearance at the smallest gap.. The only thing I could figure is that the valence is catching air and being pulled back and down onto the tips.. I was able to duplicated this by pulling back on it duplicating the aero effect in a way.. I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this.. It doesn't melt much.. but it caught my eye today.. I made a quick fix for it with some wire,so the wind shouldn't pull it onto the tips anymore..

mk

395hp 385trq

Bassani Catted X
Bassani CB
Nitto 555R 315s

GTE

Established Member
Mine have not melted anymore since I put the tips on. I put my exhaust on late at night & like most projects, it took me a little longer than expected, so I rolled around with out tips for a few days. In that short amount of time, there is a *little* melting, but none since

2003 Silver

Banned
03btchnsnake said:
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.. I've had the cat back on about 3 weeks now, and today I noticed that the rear valence where the cut outs are was kinda melting.. Now it does not touch, and there is about 3/8" clearance at the smallest gap.. The only thing I could figure is that the valence is catching air and being pulled back and down onto the tips.. I was able to duplicated this by pulling back on it duplicating the aero effect in a way.. I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this.. It doesn't melt much.. but it caught my eye today.. I made a quick fix for it with some wire,so the wind shouldn't pull it onto the tips anymore..

mk

395hp 385trq

Bassani Catted X
Bassani CB
Nitto 555R 315s

Didn't experience that at all when my setup was on........

Users who are viewing this thread