Bassani Cats

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Yes I know the wrong section, but hopefully I will get a faster response. Something came loose in my bassani cat. Has anyone had this happen to them. Im just wondering what could be rattling around in there. Looks like I will have to buy a new set, I have seen the universal ones from bassani but havent seen anyone just sell the cats alone, dont need a new x pipe too.
I know its a strange one, but any help would be appeciated, thanks

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
It is probably the ceramic filament inside the cat. The job of the ceramic filament is to get so hot it glows red and burns any unburnt fuel coming from the exhaust. Sometimes a piece or two will break free from the filament causing the rattle. I have read that Bassani cats do this sometimes. I have Bassani cats and have no problems. I think if this ever happens to me I will just put the straight pipes in that came with the X pipe and turn off my rear o2's with my SCT Xcal3.

Last edited:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Ya was thinking about going straight too, but loosing some torque would suck, and the car is pretty damn loud already, thanks for the reply

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
Bassani cats are world famous for having the insides crap out on them. So this for sure could be the problem.

Westbayou

Established Member
My car came with the O/R Bassani X on it and I can say it was crazy loud. I looked around and had a tough time finding a shop that sells just the cats, so I contacted Bassani directly and they can set you up with a single replacement. You don't have to buy both. Customer service was pretty good. They aren't cheap though, like $160 each.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Ya was thinking about going straight too, but loosing some torque would suck, and the car is pretty damn loud already, thanks for the reply

No problem, You want to hear something funny. I had an off road Bassani BX- X pipe on the car when I got it and I decided to purchase the Bassani catted X pipe only because I wanted the stainless version and to pass emissions.To tell you the truth the car felt much stronger with the off road X pipe. It also sounded better. I don't know how true this is because I don't have any numbers to back this up. But I remember being a little dissapointed after putting on the catted X pipe.

greengt88

Established Member
Ninosport.com has the best prices on bassani stuff. They do free shipping also. I bought the 5pc. X pipe and ended up having to buy cats for it as well. WAY to loud and raspy. Sounded amazing free reving though. I noticed a big torque loss without the cats also. Way better with the cats in. I'ved had the busted one in for a few months now and it hasn't had any adverse affects so far.

SC457A

Established Member
I had a cat do the same thing, but I helped it come loose. Stupid speed bumps:fm:

Just took them off and installed the straight pipes that came with the kit.:rockon:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Well thanks for all the replys. Doesnt look too hard too change. just debating on changing one or both. I been looking all over and all are about 160 bucks each. Problem is, no free shipping to Hawaii. Sometimes it does sucks too be in Hawaii, I know youll all get a laugh out of that one. But for around 200 bucks more I can get the whole X. Anyways cant drive the car, sounds like shit with the rattling, and even sounds like theres a exhaust leak, but I think thats just the insides of the cat being messed up. Thanks again :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread