Bassani catback .... baffles?

BLKXTC

Established Member
I have a full bassani kit from mid lengths to an x w/cats to c/b system and i took my baffles out and it sounds awesome. My opinion no baffles.

keith89

Established Member
Hate to bring back an old thread, but I was wondering if any of you who don't use the baffles want to get rid of them. I may be looking for a pair.

laruei

Established Member
I have a full bassani kit from mid lengths to an x w/cats to c/b system and i took my baffles out and it sounds awesome. But really i would say a 15% diff is about what i experienced..

Ill be keeping mine just in case my neighbors start to complain ;)

03cobraFL

Established Member
I pulled my baffles out as soon as the catback arrived. I have very little popping and with the offroad X the exhaust is so loud and aggressive! I tried to put the baffles in, but the one on the drivers side is a really tight fit so I lost interest and kept them out. I vote out just because I like being really obnoxious!

+1 to that my friend off-road x and no baffles sound so sick!!

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Full Bassani exhaust here... Took the baffles out before the car was ever started... :pop:? Who doesnt like popcorn??? Sounds beautiful!

rexisme

Established Member
BTW~ just to update this, tried the thing w/ the dremel and screw driver..... that didnt work, the screw is made of cheap components. It broke the groove i made. So i guess the baffles will just stay

Last edited:

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I just took mine out by using a screwdriver, get a long enough one so that it will sit in the hole where the little screw goes and so you can use the topend of the muffler tip as leverage and it will slide out enough to grab it by hand, just took mine out and sound so much better.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Try shaving the entire screw head off with the dremel and pushing the remaining thread up and out with a screwdriver. Then get some sort of hook tool and put it in one of the holes of the baffle and slide it out. It will come out. I can post a pic of what they look like not in.

Hears how mine sounds...

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Bassani-Exhaust_156846.htm]
d58a9951-df67-4222-a2e9-9a78016a2c74.jpg
[/ame]

Last edited:

Mike's 95

I'll Be Back...
Established Member
yea, I bought my car used, and it did not have the baffles, and I bought some to put in...

It sounds like a popcorn machine without them... too many pop pop pop noises... its much better with it in.:rockon:

Can you buy baffles for Borla Stingers??? I have a Bassani x-pipe and Borla Stingers and it is too loud and I don't feel like switching the x-pipe.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
I have bassani with no cats and no baffles. I liked it now i have turndowns since the sra and i like that even better.:rockon:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Can you buy baffles for Borla Stingers??? I have a Bassani x-pipe and Borla Stingers and it is too loud and I don't feel like switching the x-pipe.

No; but you could buy the Bassani tips and baffles...cut the Borla welded tips off and install the Bassani pieces since they're longer...

Goodlife

Established Member
So if I have a bassani catback I can put the baffles in?
This maybe exactly what im looking for, the car is just a little loud and raspy.

Anyone have a set they want to sell? I am interested.
Thanks
Rob
[email protected]

04CobraMatt

Established Member
I just installed a used Bassani cat-back with the catted x-pipe i got from Ebay.

The tips are Clearly empty, am i right to assume this system didn't come with baffles?

2nd, I love the look and sound.. but the Drone @ 2000rpm is unbelievably loud. Is this normal? keep in mine me FR500 M58's had zero drone. I really cant maintain 75mph anymore because the drone is un-bearable... I'm almost considering change exhaust's again...

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
04CobraMatt: Yes; if the tips are clearly empty; there are no baffles. They basically turn the tip into a "resonator". They're a piece of perforated 2.5" pipe with 4" adapter ends welded to said core; with some fiberglass weave wrapped around them.

They quieten the system a good bit and get rid of the rasp; pop; and often drone.

MOST everyone leaves them out; so you should be able to find a used/like new pair.

If not; call Bassani directly; they're usually quite helpful.

2dcikhd.jpg

04CobraMatt

Established Member
Thanks mblgjr

Anyone looking through this thread have those baffles for sale?

Im going to call Bassani monday anyway because i think one of the cat's is damaged, hearing a weird rattle noise from under the car since installing this new system. I hope replacements are not to expensive.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
the Drone @ 2000rpm is unbelievably loud. Is this normal? ...because the drone is un-bearable... I'm almost considering change exhaust's again...

I love the drone!!! and yes, its quite normal. If you want to buy the baffles, let me know. PM me and i'll give you my info. Make me an offer. I bought the system brand new and like i said earlier in the thread, they were removed before the car was ever started with the new exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread