Bassani Cat Death

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
I heard a rattle underneath the car today and since it sounded like it was coming from the cat I took it off and found that the catalytics (two pieces) had detached and where freely moving around the inside of the camber.

I understand that the original models, which I have, had problems and I remember some of you had to have them replaced. I was wondering did you replace them with a new Bassani model or another high flow cat and if anyone had any recommendations on where I can get one ASAP.

Thanks

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
http://www.secureperformanceorder.c...58&ClassID=370&SubclassID=1697&ProductID=6945

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/powercat.htm

Look almost identical to the Bassani upgraded which is what I'm running. Since you have a lifetime on your cats, call Rebecca at Bassani and ask her how much to return your bad cats and upgrade to the better ones. She may cut you a good deal. Note that if you have any road rash on the cat its game over, no warranty on it. Rebecca was nice enough to accept a picture of the bad cat showing the dislodged element on mine. I really like the upgraded cats, they seem to be stronger and look like a totally different design.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
When I blew my Bassani cats, I replaced them with another brand of high flow cats. Had it done at a muffler shop, and can't remember the brand. Had the mid pipes replaced soon after that with MagnaFlows - I would NEVER buy Bassani mid pipes again.

Good luck,
Dan

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Thanks Jerryk, great advice. From what is posted on Bassani's site the cats appear to have only a 90 day warranty. Here is the wording.

"Bassani Xhausts' high performance products incorporating catalytic converters are not street legal and are not designed or advertised for use as stock replacement parts. All such parts shall be covered under the above warranty with exception of catalytic converters themselves, which carry a specific 90-day warranty."

The other links show what looks like a fantastic replacement. I'll see what Bassani says since I assume they know these older models were problematic. However, unless it's close to free, I'll just purchase a set of Power Cats from one of the links you provided.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Tucker

Mine did the same, but because my car hits bottom. I went with the Bassani metal cats. They look like bullits. There all metal substraight.
Cars louder now though!

Users who are viewing this thread