Bass Boats, Show us what you run

Gix1k4

Established Member
I'm somewhat in the market for a used bass boat, but I'm still not too sure which brand to go with. I'm leaning toward Ranger or Triton. And I'm not looking to spend more than 25G's on it, so i know it'll be an early 2000's model. I'd like to stick to a 175 or larger, and dual console is a must.

I'm looking for pics and opinions here.

Something like this would be perfect.
3691.jpg

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
^^ rofl

Triton is a great brand that is very comparable to Ranger. If I'm not mistaken one of the former guys at Ranger went on his own and started Triton. I used to have an Astroglass myself & it served me well.

Triton's will be less expensive & serve your need perfectly.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Ranger all the way man...hand built, best customer service, sales and service people are trained very well. I may be biased, I been in a ranger for 10 years, it is one ncely put together piece of equipment.

I don't have many good pictures of mine. 1999 481vs commanche.
DSC00155.gif

this one is the same boat as mine, but in a dual console ( same color scheme) it is as close as I could find to mine online.

IMG_0343-1.gif

I would pull mine out of the basement and take more pics, but it is raining pretty hard.

Last edited:

Gix1k4

Established Member
Thanks for the pics/opinions. The reason I mentioned Ranger was that I have been around a few of them growing up, and the owners always had alot of good things to say about them (i also realize that very few people will actually fess up and admit that they don't like the product they own)

I've been researching this for awhile now. In my searches there seem to be quite a few Merc 225 Optimax outboards that have had new or rebuilt powerheads. Is this something common on the Opti's?

This is my Fathers boat, he mainly fishes for walleye(or pickerel, depending on where you're from), but it isn't something i'd buy. I don't fish on alot of big water, so a deep hull won't be much of a bonus for me, and i'd like to be able to ski or tube behind the boat we get.
waterski006.jpg

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
We've now had 4 boats, the first being a 17' Javelin, we moved up to a 19' Ranger and now we have a Stratos 201. That being said I think the best overall build quality has been in the Stratos, it is extremely stable even at 75 mph, even on rough water and the storage is great. It's been a very durable boat and the gel coat has looked amazing now over 7 years of good use. The Ranger is also a quality boat, if you have the chance and can visit a marina directly on the water...you've got to test them out!

Users who are viewing this thread