Basic Shock Help

justin.espinosa

Everyone I'm trying to do a simple replacement on my shocks and it's turning out to be a bit of a run around with local parts places and ford dealership. I have a 2002 Lightning in which I am trying to replace the shocks that originally came with the truck.

Does anyone know the original Bilstein shock part number/name/product detail that I can use to order. Also, is there a place that ya'll like to order from that can do overnight delivery.

Thanks for the help

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
most big time lightning places that have online services will carry your shocks and strut needs. Even jegs and summitracing.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Why not ditch the stockers and get some adjustables? Then you could have whatever ride feel you want.

justin.espinosa

Thanks everyone. I am just looking for that smooth ride that I had when I first got the truck. I replaced the shocks a few years ago and was sold the momomax shocks that I was told was for my truck and very good shocks. Well they where way to stiff. Very uncomfortable ride.

Are the shocks that have been listed so far on this page the stock shocks? When I ask the dealer what comes up on there computer is motorcraft shocks not the Bilstein which i know the Bilstein shocks are what originally came on the truck.

Jroc

Established Member
Thanks everyone. I am just looking for that smooth ride that I had when I first got the truck. I replaced the shocks a few years ago and was sold the momomax shocks that I was told was for my truck and very good shocks. Well they where way to stiff. Very uncomfortable ride.

Are the shocks that have been listed so far on this page the stock shocks? When I ask the dealer what comes up on there computer is motorcraft shocks not the Bilstein which i know the Bilstein shocks are what originally came on the truck.

The 99/00 L's came with Monroe shocks that I believe have a Motorcraft part#. In 01 Ford updated the L's with Bilsteins. The shocks I posted are correct. Make sure you get the Sport Valved Bilsteins and not the Heavy Duty Bilsteins.

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
I've got a stock set sitting in the garage with about 500 miles on them. PM me if you are interested. I can also grab a better pic. This is just for my inventory.

yda4y4y3.jpg

jaymz

Established Member
I've got a stock set sitting in the garage with about 500 miles on them. PM me if you are interested. I can also grab a better pic. This is just for my inventory.

yda4y4y3.jpg

Price for rear set (if you'll separate)? Kinda dirty for 500 miles. Are you sure on the mileage?

Thanks,

Jim

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Honestly, i would probably get bilstein for the front but atleast adjustables for the rear. Unless you just DD with no actions to play with it.

i bet the ones in the pic, wipe them off and they probably would look new. Anything on the road and it's underneath won't stay clean for long.

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
Yeah I'm sure about the mileage. Did a whole suspension swap as soon as break-in period was over. I just didn't clean them up to sit in the garage in my pile of stock Lightning parts.

jaymz

Established Member
Yeah I'm sure about the mileage. Did a whole suspension swap as soon as break-in period was over. I just didn't clean them up to sit in the garage in my pile of stock Lightning parts.

So...price on rears??????

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread