Basic Exhaust Question

JWSnake

Established Member
I'm selling a guy a Mac catback, just the last couple feet of piping and the tailpipes (for an IRS), and in place of the rest of the catback I'm selling him Magnaflow, (mufflers, etc.) I had the Magnaflow catback on my Cobra, but decided I wanted to keep the look of it from the back because I like how it fits. So I had the Magnaflow mufflers and piping before the mufflers (that runs into the H pipe) removed and replaced them with the Mac mufflers and piping that runs into the midpipe. Bottom line, the guy wants to know if he is going to have to have any welding done to make his system work with my Mac catback + Maganflow mufflers, or if it will just bolt on. Reason I need to know is because it will affect how much I sell it to him for, or if he will even buy it at all.

03Cobra1979

Established Member
I would say he would need to weld in the new mufflers of the mac to get the system to work. But, I am shooting from the hip also since I do not really have any experience with exhaust on this car.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
When I added Super 44 mufflers to my Magnaflow cat-back I had to weld them in.

JWSnake

Established Member
Alright guys thanks for the feedback, thought maybe it would bolt but I guess not. Anyone else have experience with this?

ScottsdaleSnake

Silver Bullet
Established Member
Does the 2003 Cobra needs O2 extensions? The reason why I ask is because on the Lethal Performance website they sell the UPR O/R X-pipe with O2 extensions as a package for the 2004 Cobra but not for 2003? Was there some difference between the 2003 and 2004 or did they just forget to offer the same package (O/R X-pipe & O2 extensions) for the 2003? Thanks in advance.

svt2ner

Established Member
2004 had changes with the cats which actually meant when the cars were sold to the first owner there was $0 for the gas guzzler tax. The 2003's had the gas tax. So your question, the 2003 does not need the extensions.

Fran

Established Member
When I had my super 44's installed in my magnaflow exhaust, the shop expanded the pipes on the muffler to fit the pipe. He could have clamped them, but he welded them o ensure they dont leak.

bigmoose

Established Member
Does the 2003 Cobra needs O2 extensions? The reason why I ask is because on the Lethal Performance website they sell the UPR O/R X-pipe with O2 extensions as a package for the 2004 Cobra but not for 2003? Was there some difference between the 2003 and 2004 or did they just forget to offer the same package (O/R X-pipe & O2 extensions) for the 2003? Thanks in advance.

the 2004 needs extensions due to the location of the stock harness that the O2's plug into, which was different than the '03. I bought a Bassani X for mine and left the rears unplugged. however i do have them turned off in my tune.

JWSnake

Established Member
Easy there tough guy. I'm new to this forum....not trying to hijack your silly thread, ok?

Wasn't trying to be a tough guy, didn't mean anything by that, just trying to get more opinions on my question. Sorry my thread is silly.

ScottsdaleSnake

Silver Bullet
Established Member
Wasn't trying to be a tough guy, didn't mean anything by that, just trying to get more opinions on my question. Sorry my thread is silly.

I just read my previous post and to you and I apologize. It came off particularly rude and I'm sorry for that. Your thread is valid and I'm sure it helps many people, including myself. Once again, I'm sorry.

JWSnake

Established Member
I just read my previous post and to you and I apologize. It came off particularly rude and I'm sorry for that. Your thread is valid and I'm sure it helps many people, including myself. Once again, I'm sorry.

Actually, looking back at mine I can say the same. An 02 extension question is probably more valid than mine was anyway. Sorry about that, glad things are cool now. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread